🌹Chapter Twenty - Three🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE🌹

It took less than an hour for the news to stop talk about me and talk about the end of the newspaper company that printed the newspaper. I had spent that time in my office, and it was Lena who called me to tell me about it, she already guessed that Mr. Knight had anything to do with this.

And he did, or I did, or we did. We. I like that word. And especially when it comes Alexander Knight at me, it has sort of a ring on it, I can't deny that. Everyone is now talking about that company and how other companies have a chance to be the best and print the newspaper now that the company that did own the newspaper has been bankrupt and everyone was fired.

The strangest thing about it is that I don't regret any of it, I know I should but I don't. I don't know why, I should be feeling horrible about it, yet I don't feel that at all. Does that make me a bad person? It does make a bad person.

"Ms. Ace"

There are so many people that are now unemployed because of me, and I should feel completely horrible about it, but I don't. To tell the truth, I actually feel good about it. Those people ruined me, wrote bad things about me and this was my revenge and I feel good to have made that choice to have revenge.

"Ms. Ace"

A small part of me is screaming at me to write this wrong and do something else about it, help those people, but I can't bring myself to do it. It doesn't seem right, yet it seems right. Another part of me tells me that what I did was actually good what I did.

"Ms. Ace!!!" I hear Mr. Knight yell at me and I realize that he's standing in front of my desk. I break away from my thoughts and I almost fell out of my chair, but I did manage to hold on. "What?" I ask, a little confused. I was so lost in my own midst hat I never even saw him enter my office.

He doesn't look angry, though. That's also another thing that has somehow changed, he isn't as angry towards me as he has been for the past few days, he's nice to me. I don't exactly know what chanced his mind in the first place, but he did give me flowers, the roses that I've been staring at for the past few minutes, lost in my mind.

"Do you need something, Mr. Knight?" I ask him, after a moment of him not saying anything. He just has been staring at me for some time now. This time, it was him who broke out of his mind. "I want to ask you a question" He say to me, I was not really exacting that to happen.

I smile to him. "Ok, ask away" I say to him, he hasn't spoken for some time now. I have no idea what is going on with him, but then again, as I have stated so many times before, this man confuses me beyond confusion. He clears his throat.

"I would like to ask you out on a date?" He asks. I give him a puzzled look, and my eyes widen and my jaw falls down to the ground. I never expected him to say those words, and I never expect someone like Mr. Knight to ask me out on a date.

"I...um..." I trail off, stammering. I feel like I'm getting married, and I'm by the altar andd I'm being forced to marry someone I don't want to marry and I don't know what to do. I'm trapped between two choice that might affect my life, and I don't know what to do now.

But, when I look up at his face, and into his eyes, I see a hint of kindness and hope. I might not be able to understand this man, but that doesn't mean that I can't get to know him. I have a feeling that there is a lot to know about this strange man. "Yes. Yes, I would love to go out on a date with you" I answer.