🌹Chapter Twenty - Six🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWENTY - SIX🌹

"Is there anything you need, Mr. Knight?" I ask. I smile to him, a fake smile but he buys it. He doesn't know what had happened to me before and how I cried my heart out, and he doesn't need to know. Not that he would care about it anyway.

However, he does look at me strangely, I'm not sure what is running through his head and frankly, I don't care. "Alexander when we're alone" He reminds me and his names brings me nothing but pain and I hate it, I hate hearing his name and feel pain.

"I need you to accompany to a meeting, I believe you will be able to do good" He tells me. He can't help but make me feel horrible and disgusted with myself for ever believing anything that he says. I keep smiling at him, faking smiling. "Of course, I'd be happy to" I tell him and stand up from my chair.

I follow him out of my office and to the meeting. Pretending to be all right and everything is the perfect is a lot harder than I thought. It's weighing my heart down and it hurts my soul so much, he hurt me and he will suffer for it, I will make sure of it.

.•🌹•..•🌹•..•🌹•.

I go back to my office, not even talking to him after the meeting. I ignore him as much as possible, but not too much for him to notice it. In order for my plan to work, he has to believe that everything is normal, and that can only happen of I pretend like it is normal.

That is the biggest challenge of them all. I see him get in his own office that for a few minutes we stay that way. Me in my office and he in his. To say that it's better to be without is a lie, somehow I feel this feeling inside me that yearns to be with him, yet the pain inside me is also too great.

The way that he hurt me only shows how ruthless he really can be. And I blame myself for all of this. I start typing on my computer and go over files that are important for the company. But, while I'm reading on the screen and typing on the keyboard, I start to tickle in my thumb.

I pay no matter to it, until the tickle goes over to my hand. My eyes travel downwards and I let out a scream when I see what is on my hand. A spider. A black spider. A huge black spider. Eww. Gross.I throw it off my hand from the fright that it caused me.

The spider lands on my desk and I stand up and back away from the desk, that spider scared the life out of me. Few seconds later the door that connects the two offices opens and Mr. Knight runs inside. "What's wrong? Did something happen? I heard a scream" He hurries himself to say as he runs towards me.

Before I could even react, I'm pulled into his strong embrace and he hugs me tightly and possessively, sort of in a protective manner. My head in his muscular chest. I don't know if I'm more shocked because of the spider or the fact that I'm in his arms.

Does it make me a bad person that I do enjoy being in his arms and I never want to leave? "I'm fine, really" I tell him, after a moment of silent, and we had just stayed there for a while. It's not uncomfortable and it's actually nice. "If you were fine, you wouldn't have screamed" He tells me.

"A spider was on my hand, that's all" I say, I try to break the hug since it's getting rather strange now, we're hugging in my office. He's my boss and I'm his secretary, besides I have a mission to complete that involves hurting him the same way he hurt me.