🌹Chapter Ten🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER TEN🌹

"Fired?" I ask, my eyes widen when I hear those words, I'm not even sure if I heard him say those words right. "Yes, Ms. Ace. Fired. Should I spell it out for you? Ms. Smith will take over your position" He says, referring to Vicky who's sitting in the chair, grinning at me with a wicked smile.

I'm speechless of this. Then this rage washes over me. "You are the most arrogant jerk in the whole world and I'm glad I'm fired, it means I never have to be around you anymore. I. Hate. You!" I yell at him and throw the files at the floor and storm out of his office. I make sure to slam the door, as hard I possible can.

I leave the building and as I walk out, I notice the heavy rain that I never heard before, as I was so busy with the files. I left everything in my office, my keys, my phone, everything, at the moment, I don't care. As soon as I'm out, I let the tears flow down and my clothes and hair get soaking wet.

The dream of starting my own business on my own will never happen, not now at least. I've never been fired in my whole life. "Mr. Knight asked me to give you this" Harry the security guards says as he hands me my stuff. I've been sitting outside the company for a few minutes now.

People have been walking past me with and giving me looks, though I don't mind. I just cry and let the raindrops hide them. "I thank you, not him" I say, trying to sound as natural and normal as I can, I don't want him to know that I'm crying.

He's holding an umbrella over the two of us. The umbrella doesn't do much for me, as I'm already soaking wet from the rain, no part of me is dry. "You know, this isn't the only secretary job you can have. There are plenty of opportunities. And I think he made a mistake letting a girl like you go. I believe you will become something amazing in the future" He says.

I look up at him and rub the tears out of my eyes. "Really?" I ask, I smile a bit at him. "Of course, from the moment you walked in for your interview, I saw the confident and power radiate of you. Trust me when I say this" He tells me. "Thank you" I whisper, it's low but I know that he heard me say it because he nods his head.

"Here. Please get yourself home before you go sick" He tells me and hands me the umbrella before he walks inside, he still has a job to do. For another few minutes, I sit there and shiver. The water doesn't touch me anymore, but the cold weather and the speaking clothes make me extremely cold.

I open my phone and call my mom. She always picks up right away, even if she's in a meeting or busy with work. She always makes time for me, even when I'm an adult. "Hey, Rosie" She answers, cheerful and in a happy mood, like she always is in.

"Mom" I say, my tears continuing to leak down my face, I can't stop the sobs or the hiccups. "Oh, Rosie, what's wrong?" She asks, her mood completely changed. "I go fired" I tell her, the statement sounds worse when I say it out loud. "That can't be right. You were doing so well. Mr. Selone even told me that you were the best secretary he's ever had" She says.

My mom knows a lot of the business owners, because she's on herself. But, she promised that she wouldn't help me with anything because I want to do this on my own. "That's the thing. He signed the company to someone else. Mr. Knight. He fired me because of a tiny mistake. And it wasn't even a mistake. I don't know how it happened" I tell her.

"My dear Rosie, he's an idiot for ever firing you. You are my daughter and no one fires my daughter" My mother says with anger in her voice. She knows how important this is for me and I've been working towards this my whole life, well I need to work to have money to own my own company.