🌹Chapter Thirty - Seven🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER THIRTY - SEVEN🌹

Keeping myself focused on anything is harder to do than people think, I'm too tired to even think. MY Brian just doesn't want to do anything, and my body is the same story. The meeting was only half an hour, but to me, it felt like it was an hour or longer.

"I'm really concerned about you, you don't look so good" Alexander says, his voice is filled with worry and I really believe that he is concerned about me. But, I'm not giving into the tiredness, I need to stay awake. Besides, there are only about a few hours left of work.

And when I say few I mean nine or so hours. I mentally groan. I already know that today will be a long day and when I say long, I mean this will be the longest work day ever and I'm not looking forward to it, not one bit. "I'm fine, no need to worry yourself" I tell him.

Convincing him that I can work while I'm this tired is not an easy job, since he doesn't look that convinced, no matter what I do. "Remember, you can leave at any time" He reminds me, and for the tenth time this hour, there only has been one hour done of the work day and he keeps reminding me that I can leave.

Right now, I'm with him in his office, going over some paperwork. We could have done it in separate offices, but he insisted that I'd stay with him. So that he could keep an eye on me, which I think means that he just wants me to be in the same office as him, for some strange reason, then again everything about him is strange.

"I know. I know" I say as I roll my eyes. He needs to know that he doesn't have to keep on telling that sentence over and over again, it's already stuck in my mind. I let out a yawn as my eyes are threatening to close. I pinch my forearm, hard so that it will hurt.

Right now, that is the only thing that's keeping me awake. Even the paperwork that I usually enjoy doing is boring and hard, and I can't focus. My eyes have a hard time reading and I'm stuck on a one sentence for a couple of minutes, while normally I would be a few seconds with a sentence.

"The meeting with Mrs. And Mr. Jolly was not as successful as I had planned, even with your help, they did not agree to my terms. I want you to contact William and tell him that, he knows what to do" He says and I stand up and walk into my office.

The other woman, Ms. Trevor is still doing her job and I think she doesn't like me but my brain is too tired to care about that. I know that I just don't like her. I go over to my desk and sit down by the computer and turn it on as I haven't seen in my office, it hasn't been on all day.

I send a quick email to William, writing every word that Alexander told me to write to him. He has sent Alexander a few emails before and it is marked as emails that are important and above all. Alexander doesn't want to admit it, but he does care for his friend.

He isn't one to confess his feeling, he does it in his own way, which I haven't figured out yet. After I've finished with the email, I return to his office, not sparing a second glance at Ms. Trevor. I'm going to pretend that she isn't there, at least until my mood isn't this grumpy anymore.

That can only happen when I get some sleep, which will happen right after I get from work. I can't wait to open the door to my apartment, and throw myself on the bed and just sleep until morning, that's all I want at the moment, to sleep in my bed and on my pillow and under my covers.