🌹Chapter Twenty - Seven🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWENTY - SEVEN🌹

Half an hour after all tat thing with Mr. Knight my phone rings, not the office phone but my own cellphone. Forcing myself to break away from the work that I was so deep in, my eyes glance at the caller ID and I notice it's Damon. Even when I see his name, a blush makes its way over to my face.

I quickly pick up my phone and answer it. "Hello" I say, trying to sound casual and as normal as I possibly can, that isn't exactly working for my face, it's a good thing that he can't see my face right now. I'm blushing redder than a tomato right now.

"Hey, beautiful. Your voice sounds like an angel" He says and I blush even deeper, if that is even possible, which I'm not sure is. My knees are buckling and if I weren't sitting down, I would have fallen down to the floor because of my legs feel like jelly and my knees aren't strong enough at the moment to carry my weight.

"Thank you" I say giggling. "Now, is there any reason why you're calling?" I ask him, smiling. The smile that had been taken from me this morning, has returned to me. It feels good to smile again and I feel better. Damon doesn't know it, but he makes me feel better after I was brought down.

"I need no reason to call the most beautiful woman in the world" He says and I can already see the smirk before he even smirks, and I think he's smirking. "But?" I ask, don't get me wrong. I'm blushing like a madwoman right now and I don't think my blush will ever disappear, as long as I'm talking and thinking about him.

"But, I want to ask you out on date tonight, if you're up to it" He says. I gasp. "You got to be the best person in the whole world. I'm in desperate need to do something tonight. Of course, I'll go on a date with you tonight" I tell him. Maybe I don't need to be with Lena this evening, I can be on date with Damon.

Then I will have to find excuse to be with Damon tomorrow and I won't have to be with Mr. Knight on that date he wants to take me on, there is no way in hell that I will ever go on a date with him, not after what just happened this morning.

And how he has been playing me this whole time. Damon only laughs at my words. "You will have to tell me why you're so desperate for a date. I don't want to be the second choice in anything" He says, and I do sense a hint of pain in his voice, but he's good at hiding it.

"Don't worry, you're not the second choice in anything. You're the only choice" I tell him, assuring him that I'm only going out with him. Since I will never be going out with Mr. Knight again, he's the only one that I want to be with now. Somehow that idea doesn't seem that bad, however something deep inside me whispering that it's wrong.

I don't know what's so wrong about it, yet I can't help but feel that way. "Good, that puts a smile on my face" He says to me and I can't help but smile at that. "I'll see you tonight" I say to him and smile to myself when I think about it, think about him.

"Bye, beautiful" He says. "Bye" I say back and hang up on the phone and setting it down on my desk while I continue working. A meeting starts in a few minutes, which only reminds me that I have to see and be around Mr. Knight, the guy that I don't want to be around now or at any time.

Working beyond this point is harder to do because my mind keeps wandering off to think about Damon and how lovely our night will be. If it will be anything like the night we had the last time, and how we had amazing dinner and just watched a movie.