🌹Chapter Eight🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER EIGHT🌹

Going through my closet, trying to find something that might look good for this dinner tonight. I want to do this on my own, because Lena will most likely make me look like a hooker or worse, which I don't want. This is the first business dinner I'm going to and it's the first day working for Mr. Knight.

I ask don't want to wear the red dress I wore at the bar, there is actually no reason for it. For some reason I want to impress Mr. Knight. I don't know why I feel like that. I pick a dress that I like, and dress myself in it, after I had taken a shower, of course.

The dress is a black wavy dress that flows down to just below my knees. The neckline is jewel, but the dress is sleeveless. A golden ribbon goes around my waist, and a golden sparkly bow is tied to it, with two ribbon strings flowing down the dress.

I curl my hair and just let it be loose. To match with the gold in the dress, I put on a golden chain necklace with a one small fake diamond as the charm. I don't use earrings because they hurt my ears. I look beautiful, not trying too hard, but not trying enough. To me, I look perfect.

I put on some black mascara, a pink lip gloss and a hint of blush in my cheeks. I don't go much to detail with make-up as Lena does it, but I still make myself look pretty with it. Picking black gladiator high heels, I put them on and I'm ready for the night.

For ten minutes, I wait by the window, waiting for Mr. Knight to come and get me for the business dinner. A black car stops right in front of my apartment. A man steps out of the car, and once I see his face, I notice that it's Mr. Knight. He has arrived.

I feel really nervous at the moment. I don't know if I'm more nervous for the dinner or the fact that I'm having dinner with Mr. Knight, the guy who confuses me more than anyone has ever done. First he's so rude to me, then he actually kisses me, then he acts like it never happened.

The doorbell rings, all right, the night has begun. I push the button that buzzes the person in. I take my purse, with everything that I will be needing and just as I was about to open the door, someone knocks on the door. I open the door, revealing Mr. Knight.

He's wearing a suit, a black one, a formal black suit. He looks handsome. I smile at him, but he doesn't return it. "We're going, now!" He says. Does this ever say something nice to people? Or be nice in general, I don't think he can because from what I've seen, he doesn't even smile. He only smirks, which doesn't happen a lot, or he frowns or is normal and boring.

He leaves before I even have the time to respond. I close my door and follow him down the stairs and into the car. The car has a driver and we sit in the back. The driver starts the car, and neither one of us speaks anything, bringing an awkward silence.

I would like to say something, but I don't know what or how he will respond. In the car, I just look outside the blackened window, that makes me able to see outside but no one is able to see inside. I watch as the cars go by and the houses and the shops.

What felt like forever, the car finally stops in front of a restaurant. We go out of the car, and when I see the name of the restaurant, my jaw almost falls down to the ground. This is the finest restaurant in the city. It takes months to get a table here, and it costs a fortune. How did Mr. Knight get it so quickly?