🌹Chapter Twenty - Two🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWENTY - TWO🌹

I walk to work, trying to be brave and forget the fact that hundreds or more like millions of people have seen the article of me in the paper and I hate it. I hate the fact that people are going to whispering things about me behind my back, it's not a comforting feeling.

But, I've decided to not let it bother me, that much. Not thinking about it is a great way. My way up the elevator with three other people is embarrassing. I can practically hear them thinking and laughing at me in their head and that isn't helping my case.

Finally, I make my way to the office. I let out a gasp when I notice something when I open the door. On my desk is a clear vase and side are a dozen or so white roses, exactly the same roses as the ones that I had looked at when Mr. Knight and I were in theta florist shop.

I walk over to the desk and touch one of the roses, they're fresh and so beautiful. I've never gotten flowers from anyone, except for my dad, but that's different. Someone has given me flowers and I'm pretty sure I know who they are from as there were only two people with me when I looked at them.

And, I'm pretty sure that woman, Mrs. Theary did not give me flower, which only leaves one person that could have possible given me flowers. Mr. Knight. I just stand there and look at them and lightly touch them, they are just so fascinating.

I walk over to the door that connects the two offices and knock on it, like usual he calls out harshly 'Enter' and I open the door and walk inside. He's sitting by his desk and I've never noticed it but he looks so good. He's hot, I don't know why I've never noticed, but he is. I'm not going to deny that.

He's writing something on a paper. "Mr. Knight, did you give me flowers?" I ask. There wasn't a note with the flowers so I have no idea from whom they are from, but I can always take a guess on him. And, I just want to be sure. My question makes him stop writing and his head snaps to me.

Our eyes meet for a second and they stay that way. The eye contact is short, but it felt like eternity, yet a good eternity. When he breaks the contact, I feel this longing inside me to keep looking into his eyes. "Yes, yes I did" He only says. His voice is cruel, yet it's hiding something inside it.

Something that I've never heard from him and it's new to me. "Why?" I only ask, it doesn't make any sense to me why he of all people would be sending me flowers, or giving them to me or whatever. I just don't understand it, and I'm pretty sure I never will.

"A kind gesture, Ms. Ace, only that" He says, he goes back to writing on that paper that he was writing on when I came, in reality, I should have expecting him to say something like this. He's not the type of person that says nice things to others.

His words don't hurt me at all, because I already knew that he was going to say something like that. It was only hope that he would say something nice to me and be a normal human being, then again he did give me flowers. "Thank you, anyway, it made me smile" I say as I head for my office.

He doesn't say anything so I take it as a hint and leave and close the door. As my eyes look back to the roses, I smile. It really does put a smile on my face and make me happy. It also helps me forget how screwed up my life has become and my image ruined.

Even if I become a successful business owner in the future, people will be able to find this article only and know that people thought I was a criminal and a horrible and a bad person, which I'm not and if people knew that, then they wouldn't have written all those things about me.