1

Renesmee

 I rolled off of Jacob, and onto my back with a satisfied huff. He smoothed back the hair that was damp with perspiration and clinging to my face.

 "Oh God," I gasped, as he curled his body around mine. "I really needed that."

 "Me too," he panted. We were both quiet until we caught our breath. "Well, that's the last Alaska nookie," Jake said as he nuzzled my shoulder. 

"I hate when you call it that!" I playfully scolded him, bumping him with my hip. "What are you, thirteen?" Then again, don't all men still have a thirteen year old boy deep down inside? I turned my voice deep and overly seductive. "It's called love making, Jacob." 

"Fine then," his voice went all breathy. "That was the last time we'll make sweet, beautiful love in the great state of Alaska." I covered his mouth with my hand as I laughed.

 Truthfully though, he could call it whatever he wanted, as long as he didn't change a single thing about it. He looked at me smugly, like he knew I was thinking that. 

"Besides, it's not like we'll never come back here," I pointed out. "We'll probably end up living here again someday," 

"True," he agreed. "It's not too bad up here."

 The only thing left in our room was our mattress. That was just about the only thing left in the house, really. The kids were across the woods at the bigger house, spending one more night with their cousin Gabriel, and the rest of my family. They all had their own bedrooms over there, it had been their home away from home. In the morning though, we were going back to Washington to live on the rez. To say we'd all miss them was an understatement, but we'd really been missing our family in La Push for years. Now that our kids were a little older, we wouldn't need as much help from those family members who were immortal and had limitless energy. All of my pregnancies had their moments when they were difficult, especially towards the end, and that goes double when I already had other little ones running around. Their help had been life saving. 

Now it was time for us to be with the other half of our family. Anthony was close to eight years old, Swan was seven and a half, the twins Mollie and Alexandra, Xandra for short, an even seven. Bringing up the rear was Asa, at just over four years old. Obviously, I don't have normal human pregnancies. Like me, my kids grew quickly both before, and after their birth. I'd never been pregnant for longer than four months, and all of our kids grew at about twice the normal human rate. So they all looked twice their age, give or take a little bit, depending on how much vampire they had in them. The more vampire they have in them, the faster they grow. Asa and Swan had the most, Mollie and Xandra the least, with Anthony seeming to be almost right in the middle. 

Rachel and Paul's oldest, Caroline, was nine at the time we were preparing to move back home. She and Swan had been having a love/hate relationship their whole lives. They were both very girly, and very strong willed. At times they lost their tempers with each other, but they were still the best of friends. At this point in their lives, they had a big sister, little sister kind of thing going on. By the time Caroline caught up with her in age, I was sure they'd be as close as their mothers. In the middle, Rachel and Paul had their own set of twins, eight year old Grace and Noah. Christopher was the youngest, at three years old. He was also affectionately known as the little couch potato. Jake and I came to town for his birth, but hadn't expected to be so involved. Christopher hadn't wanted to wait for the hospital, so he'd been born right on Rachel's couch, I played catcher. Rachel, a labor and delivery nurse, had delivered all five of our kids. (Isn't it nice how life works out like that sometimes?) So I figured I owed her one. 

Rebecca and Solomon just had their two kiddos, which was fine since Rachel and I supplied more than enough babies to keep everyone busy. Forrest is the oldest at the age eleven. He is the sweetest and most loving boy in the world besides my boys. And little Clementine is a lucky seven years old with a sweet and bubbly personality just like Rebecca. Both Rebecca and Solomon were pleased to have a son and daughter and we're fine keeping it just the four of them. Rebecca joked that if she were to get pregnant it would be quadruplets with her luck.