17

Jacob 

"Why?" I moaned to my grilled cheese sandwich. 

Ness and I were the only ones at the table by now. Since she'd cooked lunch, she'd been the last to sit down, so I'd waited for her.

 "Oh, Jacob. There's no need to be overdramatic," she said. I watched her delicate fingers tear off the crust of her sandwich, and dip it in the creamy tomato soup. "This is not a tragedy," she reminded me gently.

 I shrugged. I dunno. I think two of our girls starting to date this close together is pretty damn awful not to mention I'd probably have to give Embry a talking to about spending so much time with my Xandra. That's another hurdle for another time though. Swan's very first date was tonight and Seth, he was around here somewhere. After lunch, everybody had wandered off to do their own thing. 

Mollie, I knew I didn't need to worry about. I knew she'd be treated like the princess she was. Ness kept reminding me that it was a good thing, and she was right. It would have been reasonable for Seth to be pissed off at me for my role in delaying things a little, but he wasn't. I got lucky. He knew why. I guess we were at an understanding. His new favorite thing to think of when we were both phased, was a brick wall. That's just fine by me. I knew everything about Seth. This Nate character, I knew little about, and I didn't like it.

"Mom! Can you come help with my hair?" Swan called from upstairs.

 Ness quickly swallowed the bite she'd been chewing, and answered with a question of her own. "What are you doing with it?" 

"Straightening it." 

"Get it into sections and I'll be up," Ness told her.

 "Kay." 

I frowned as Ness started eating quickly. "What now?" she said, covering her mouth with her hand as she talked as to not show me her half-chewed sandwich.

 "I just like watching you eat," I said with a shrug.

 She smiled and rolled her eyes. Finished with my own meal, I scooted my chair closer to hers and wrapped my arms around her waist as she hurriedly ate her last few bites. "What do you want?" she teased as I pressed my face into her upper arm. 

"A kiss?" I asked, looking up at her hopefully. She gently lifted my chin and gave me what I wanted. I felt like I'd hit the jackpot when she let me deepen the kiss, but not for long. 

 She pulled away, gave me one more peck, and stood up from the table. I watched as she brushed a few crumbs off her spectacular chest, then came back to my senses. "I'll get our plates," I offered, standing up too. 

"Thanks, sweetie." She gave my shoulder a squeeze and headed upstairs. I sighed as I rinsed off our dishes in the sink. I know it's not the worst thing in the world, but it still sucks.

Renesmee

 Upstairs in the bathroom, she shared with her sisters, Swan had her hair divided into four sections with colorful clips, and was drumming her hands on the sink as she waited for me. 

"Excited much?" I asked her. 

She nodded, making her hair bounce around

"Where's your flat iron?" I asked. 

"Oh, yeah. It may be helpful if I had let it heat up!" She removed it from under the counter and plugged it in. While it heated up, she went over the master plan for her make up with me. She carefully lined up everything she planned to use, in the order she planned to use it. "If you could flat iron the two back sections for me, I can do the front myself," she said, once the iron was ready. "I think I might just get one of those straightening treatments," she said as I slowly ran the iron down a lock of her hair, watching it go from curly to straight. "It would grow out, so it wouldn't be forever. It would be nice to not have to do this for a while."