24

Seth 

Jake and Nessie's place had pretty much become home base for the entire pack in the past week. We would always meet there before going to Amy's place, just to make sure everybody was on the same page. We took twelve-hour shifts, switching at noon, and midnight. The dry erase board on their fridge that normally had the grocery list written on it, now showed our schedule. We always went in the same groups, so that made it easy to fall into the routine. Nessie was used to feeding big groups, so she almost always had something hot and tasty for us to eat, every twelve hours. 

She had thrown herself into learning everything she could about domestic violence. She'd ordered and had overnight delivered, several books on the subject. The last time I checked, she was on the one about the effects of domestic violence on children. According to Jake's thinking, it helped her to not feel so powerless. She felt the more she, and the whole family knew, the better they'd be able to help Amy when she was ready. A.J. did not agree. He didn't want to learn anything about it, he said there was nothing that could be done, so why bother? He was not very happy with the pack. Before we had Nessie's nice and official schedule, he spent the first day and a half or so in the woods behind Amy's house. The rest of us came and went, but he stayed put. Within the first hour, he did something I don't think I've ever seen anyone do in wolf form before. He threw up all over the forest floor.

Amy came home from the hospital in the middle of the night, by the next evening there was no way Anthony had any food left in his stomach. He wouldn't eat anymore, and he wouldn't sleep either. His reactions, while perfectly understandable, made things harder. It was rough for us to see Amy be humiliated and belittled, but it was unbearable for Anthony. In the pack mind, we felt everything he felt, and we had a job to do. 

 He was really starting to unravel, so Jake made him leave. He refused at first until by way of the good old alpha command, Jake literally made him go home. Let me tell you, that was not a pretty sight. He hadn't been allowed to come back. Jake thought we could keep an eye on Amy, without Anthony being tortured that way. Anthony thought he was an asshole. He thought the same of the rest of us for agreeing with Jake, and not coming to his defense. He only came out of his room on two occasions. The first was to ask how Amy was doing. We never had much to tell him though, which pissed him off. He didn't like being kept in the dark. If there was something good to tell him, we'd do it, but there hardly ever was. I sure wasn't going to be the person to tell him he'd called Amy a retard, or whatever name he'd picked that day. The second was to eat, he really only did it alone, and he wasn't eating nearly enough. 

I was spending even more time over there than usual. When I was already over there, and I'd be coming back soon, it made more sense to just stay. No one minded me spending the night in Mollie's room, instead of the guest room. Hell, even Xandra and Embry shared her room for the time being.  From what Mollie told me, Ness just had a quick chat with her about something that she said was being passed down from one imprint daughter, to another; being discrete. 

"So basically, as long as we aren't humping in the hallway, it's cool," Mollie had summed it up to me that first night.

 I could live with that. Waking up in her bed with her felt like heaven, as close as I could get for the time being. The morning wood was slightly awkward, at first. She didn't mind though, quite the opposite. When we first started getting physical, I was sort of afraid to touch her. I was worried I might assume too much, go too far and offend her. That worry was long gone. She'd accepted my every touch, every kiss, and asked for more. She had no problem telling me what she wanted, and that was a huge turn on. We were starting to plan a weekend camping trip so that we could finally be alone when the whole Amy thing happened. She decided it would be better if we waited, at least until things were a little calmer, and I agreed. We had gotten creative while waiting for that perfect moment and found we could get to know each other in this new way, without actually having sex. I was glad I had woken up first, I liked to watch her sleep for a little bit. She looked at hot as ever, in simple cotton underwear and a snug t-shirt. Since I had to be at Amy's at noon, however, I began to gently wake her up.