11

Jacob

 As I've told Ness many times, she is so beautiful when she is happy. Needless to say, I could hardly keep my hands off her in Hawaii. I did convince her though, to let me call somebody about getting us on a volcano tour last minute.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have been perfectly happy to keep doing what we'd been doing for the past few days. Make each other feel good, eat, sleep, shower together, then repeat, not necessarily in that order. It was pure bliss, but once we left here, I didn't want her to wish she'd seen more of the island.

The tour yesterday had been an all-day thing. First was the hiking part. I knew immediately I'd been right to talk her into this. I loved watching her ooh and ahh over the waterfall they took our group to first. It was four stories tall, and pretty spectacular. I stood on the little bridge with her as she took lots of pictures.

As we made our way through the jungle with the guide leading us, a little lizard scooted across our path, making Ness giggle. I reached down and caught it for her, holding it up so that she could get a good look at him.

"Aw, look how cute you are!" she cooed at him.

The feeling wasn't mutual, unfortunately.

As I held him loosely in my fist, she stroked his little head with her fingertip. He closed his teeny little eyes and shrank away from her touch.

"I'm sorry, little guy. It's okay," she said. "You're a cutie, but you don't smell that great, so you've got nothing to worry about."

I set him down and we watched as he scampered away, back the way he'd came, to do whatever it is that lizards do.

We walked through what they called a lava tube, which was pretty much a long cave. It was cool though. Parts of it were small and I had to crouch down, which Ness snickered at, earning her a pinch on the ass. It took her by surprise, and her shriek echoed. The whole group turned around to look. 

"Sorry. I...I thought I saw a spider," she stammered as her face turned a deep shade of red.

Then I was the one snickering. She scowled and punched me in the side, but smiled again when I wrapped my arm around her waist as the group continued on.

The finale of that leg of the tour was the hike on the volcano. It was steaming and smelled God awful, like sulfur, but was still pretty amazing. We actually stepped over a little stream of flowing lava. Ness was thrilled and kept snapping away with the camera.

As I was thinking about how amazing it would be to sneak back here tonight and have a little fun on the side of this volcano, she bent down to tie her shoe. It was already tied though.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Shh," she said, looking up at the rest of the group that was now a little ahead of us. I watched as she dug her fingers into the rock, causing it to crack and split into long shards, and some fat little chunks. I realized what she was doing when she quickly shoved five pieces into her purse. Then two more, then several more just for good measure. She'd done it so fast, nobody could have noticed. She stood and rushed to catch up with the group, leaving me standing there smiling at how cute she was.

The end of our busy day was a sunset helicopter tour over some of the more active volcanos. It was just us, and the pilot, who seemed like a cool guy. He told us all about everything we flew over. He obviously really enjoyed what he did. Who wouldn't, with a one of a kind job like that.

I held my one of a kind girl and tried not to be too distracting to her as she watched out the window in awe at the lava flowing out of the volcano in every direction. I went back and forth between watching her and looking out the window with the exact same feeling. That was definitely something I never thought I'd get to do in my life.