13

Mollie 

"Saturday is definitely my favorite day of the week," Xandra said, taking a huge bite of her breakfast.

"Mmm-hmm!" I agreed with my mouth full. Mom had made us warm biscuits and Amish breakfast casserole. It contained everything you could possibly want for breakfast. It had eggs, shredded hash browns, all of that good stuff. It was meaty and cheesy heavenly goodness. Stick to your ribs food, as Dad says.

I hoped that I could someday be half the cook Mom is, I've been working on it. If I'm home I almost always join Mom when she's in the kitchen. Sometimes Mom lets me make dinner by myself. Dinner for seven would be enough of a challenge, but in this family, it's an even bigger one. There are three of us who eat about twice as much as the average person so really, it's more like cooking for ten.

I've had some practice at the Uley's, too. Emily is another amazing cook, I've picked up some pretty good tips from her. When a recipe calls for plain yogurt, she uses Greek instead of the regular kind for a nice and creamy finished product.

I like experimenting a little in the kitchen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm still perfecting my omelet techniques.

I smiled to myself as I thought about how Seth is the worst judge ever. He just says everything I make is perfect, which isn't very much help when I really want to know if something tastes good or not.

I was going to see him at some point today, I was hoping sooner than later. He'd told me he was going to help out with some stuff around the house this morning, and he'd let me know when he was done. Sam and Emily don't charge him any rent to live there, all they ask is that he give a hand once in a while. He does chores like mow the lawn in the summer, and shovel the driveway in the winter.

"What do you guys have going on today?" Mom asked.

"I'm going to see Seth, I dunno when though," I said.

"Embry and I are going to a concert later," Xandra shrugged.

"We're probably going to go catch a movie," A.J. said, gesturing as Asa, who nodded.

"Aunt Rachel is taking me and Caroline shopping," Swan said.

"Nobody makes any plans for tomorrow, every one of you needs to go hunting," Mom said, pointing her finger at each of us around the table.

"Swan, when is this little outing with what's his face?" Dad asked, waving his fork around.

"Dad! It's not a 'little outing.' It's a date, and his name is Nate," Swan reminded him.

"Sure, sure. When is it?" he asked again.

"It's next Saturday, he's taking me to the theater," she said, grinning broadly as she reached for the butter dish. "We're seeing Hairspray."

"Hmm," Dad said thoughtfully. "Maybe Mom and I should go see it too."

"Jake," Mom scolded him.

"Dad, no! Don't stalk us!" Swan shouted.

"We wouldn't," Mom said. "That was just a joke, that was not funny. Right, Jacob?"

"Mmm-hmm," he said, shoveling some more casserole into his mouth. "Just be careful about getting too close to humans," he warned once he'd swallowed. "I'm serious."

"I know, I know," Swan said.

"What movie are you guys seeing?" Xandra asked Asa.

I wondered if Seth and I went on a date, where would he take me? As Swan started rambling on to Mom about the expensive restaurant Nate was taking her to, I decided that wasn't the kind of date I would want. I'd rather do something outside. Maybe a picnic on the cliffs, the view would be awesome, and we'd already be in the perfect place for some rock climbing.