41

Anthony

 Randy didn't know it, but the only thing saving him was Amy. After his loser buddies told him where she was, and that she was with me, he got right in his truck to come after us. The pack was still keeping an eye on him, and this was exactly why. We were a step ahead, and he wasn't going to get anywhere near my girls. 

Nobody would let me protect them, so I was on my way to eat him alive when stupid Xandra had to ruin it. She ran after me, playing in my head a conversation Amy and I had about a week before. She had been talking about Randy. It wasn't anything heavy, just something random. We were in the kitchen and she mentioned how gross she thought it was that he put extra, extra mayonnaise on everything. 

 "If you could just snap your fingers and he would drop dead, would you do it?" I asked. 

Because you really could. She looked at me like I might be a little nuts. I guess it was kind of an odd time to bring it up since she'd been talking about his condiment habits. I was hoping she would say yes. I'd have loved nothing more then to take care of that for her. 

"No," she finally said.

 "Seriously?" I asked, a little surprised.

 "Seriously." 

"If I were you, I think I would," I said, still hoping maybe I could convince her. 

"Maybe someday he'll turn things around and he can have a relationship with Daisy. I'm not gonna let him near her any time soon, I'm talking about far off in the future, like when she's grown up. As much as I wish he wasn't her dad..." She sighed. It made me wish that I was her dad. "He still is. I kind of feel like she should have the right to make that choice for herself."

 I nodded in support, even though I was astonished that she still thought he would change. What an incredibly sweet and loving person. He couldn't have been less deserving of the love she still had for him somewhere in her heart.

 She doesn't want you to do it, Xandra reminded me.

 I know.

So you can't. 

I know! 

My sister was really getting on my nerves. 

That doesn't mean I can't scare him a little, and tell him to get the fuck out. 

Well, you just scared Amy a lot by going all caveman on her. 

I already knew I owed Amy an apology for that. When Alice saw that Randy was coming after them, I couldn't help freaking out. It was pretty much my worst nightmare, and I just lost my mind. The rest of the pack had phased by now, so the shame I felt knowing I could have hurt her wasn't even private.

 I know you know better, Dad told me. 

He was right, I did. Cole had been the one watching the house and saw Randy leave. He was running along the road as Randy sped down it. 

So do we have a plan here? he asked. 

Not really, I admitted. 

As we all ran to meet up with Cole, I could see through Seth's eyes that he was with Amy and Daisy at my parent's house. Alice and Asa were with them too. He was trying to make them laugh, but it wasn't going well. I could see that I really had scared my girls. I just wanted to get back to them. As soon as I was done with my little errand, I would. 

 Once I got Randy out of the picture, they'd never have to be afraid of anything again, especially not me. I could see Randy toss a beer bottle out of his truck window. Classy. He stopped at an intersection, a little longer than he needed to.