15

A/N: Time for a little Q&A. The most commonly asked question is by far, how old are the not so short people these days, and how old do they look. Their calendar ages, as I like to say, are as follows. A.J. is ten, the girls are all nine, and Asa is six and a half. In the world S.M. created, mature wolves look like they are in their early to mid-twenties, and I try to stay as close to that as possible in AGU. Anthony would look around twenty three-ish. (I can't believe I just typed that!) Swan looks around eighteen or nineteen, and so does Mollie and Xandra (I know she's a wolf now too but I like to believe that the twins have sorta babyfaces). Our little Asa would look thirteen or fourteen now. Yikes! Everyone but him can now be considered fully grown. Fun fact: We've covered two and a half years since the start of part III. Remember, if you ask a question in an anonymous review, I won't be able to write back to you. If enough people ask, or I think it's a particularly good question that I should probably address, I'll stick the answer in here next time.

Mollie 

Seth and I sat on the forest floor, our arms wound around each other, as I made phone calls. Obviously, I wasn't going to Montana, and might as well have flushed most of my emergency money down the toilet. That didn't mean I wanted to go home. Aunt Rachel said I could sleep on her couch, as long as Mom knew. So I texted her and told her. 

Ok, but I do wish you'd come home tonight. Please come home to hunt, it's been a while for you and X. It'll help you think more clearly. We love you, was her response. 

Damn. I'd forgotten we had that planned for tomorrow night. I rolled my eyes, I hated to admit that she was probably right. I said I'd come home then. I'd wanted to stay at Sam and Emily's, but Seth said that might be a bad idea.

 "I wouldn't be able to stay away from you, I'd end up on the couch, too," he said.

 "I'm still not seeing the problem," I said with a smile. 

"People are gonna need time to get used to this, I think," he murmured into my hair. His hand, on the other side of my head, had been very busy, slowly running down each strand. I wanted to stay here until he got them all, he was pretty close.

"They'd better hurry up," I replied. He continued touching my hair, and kissing the top of my head, making me shiver. 

 "It's getting dark," he whispered. We couldn't see the sun going down with all the trees in the way, but the sky was turning orange. 

"Yeah," I said. My face pressed against his chest felt so warm, I felt so warm everywhere. I dreaded what I knew he was going to say next. 

"Why don't I take you over to Paul and Rachel's?" 

 "I really don't want to," I mumbled. 

"I know. Come on," he said, getting up. 

 He offered me his hands. I grabbed them but frowned as he pulled me to my feet. I felt stiff. I stretched my legs and rolled my head around. "Are you sure you don't wanna go home?" he asked.

 "Very sure," I said firmly.

 "Okay," he said, taking my hand and starting to lead me through the woods. "You'll have to go home sometime," he reminded me. 

"I know. I just can't right now," I said. 

"How come?" He squeezed my hand. I didn't really feel like talking about it at the moment. All I wanted to think about was how nice my hand felt in his, so I just shrugged. I didn't think I could forgive my family as easily as I'd forgiven Seth, it wasn't Seth's fault. "Just remember what you said, Mol. It doesn't matter how we got here." I frowned when he used my own words against me. He laughed at me. "You're cute when you're annoyed." I probably blushed a little. "You look tired," he commented.