18

Jacob 

After a little early morning fun while the older kids were at school, and Asa was busy outside, I was trying to be helpful by giving Ness a hand with some laundry stuff. "When Ace starts school, let's do chores naked," I suggested as she handed me a basket full of Swan's dirty bedsheets. 

She smirked and shook her head. "I think you're right about him, it doesn't seem like he's going to phase. You have such a strong bloodline, but he's too old now," she said.

 He hadn't shown a single sign of it. All we could guess was it was because he had too much vamp in him. "It figures. The one who's probably the most prepared for it, after seeing his siblings go through it, it won't even happen to!"

 "I'm fine with that, there's way too much going on in the pack mind anyway," I said.

 "It sure seems that way. Well, why don't you go put those in the wash. It'll be full now so turn it on, just leave on the setting I've got it at." She hadn't said yes about naked chores yet, but she hadn't said no either. I took it as a maybe. I added Swan's stuff to the laundry that was already in there and turned the washer on. When I got back upstairs, she was in A.J.'s room, removing his pillowcases.

 "When's Rachel coming over?" I asked. 

"In about an hour or so. We're gonna have some lunch, then get busy," she answered. 

Those two had big plans for the day. Rachel had gotten herself a yoga DVD, and they were going to teach themselves how to do it. Nessie wasn't trying to slim down, but Rachel was, so she was just being supportive because she's sweet. "Will you get A.J. some more sheets out of the closet?" she asked me.

Across the hall, I tried to figure out which ones were his. "Are these green ones with the stripes okay?" I asked. She didn't answer. "Ness?" It was so quiet, I hardly heard it. 

"Holy shit," she said in a shaky voice.

I hurried back across the hall, I could have guessed what the scene was before I saw it. Anthony's old sheets were halfway off his bed, and Ness was standing next to it. Her eyes were huge, her jaw had dropped, and she was holding two Playboy magazines. He is officially way too old for her to be changing his sheets.

 "How long have these been here?!" she wondered. "Why would he have these?"

"Sweetie," I said, prying the magazines out of her hands. "Don't get upset," I said gently. 

"This...this is not okay!" she said, her brow furrowed more then I've seen it in a long time. "Where did he get these?" 

"I'm sure he just bought them. He's old enough, and he looks it," I said. 

"I'm throwing these out!" she announced, waving them around. 

"No! Then he'll know you saw them, you can't!" I insisted in a whisper.

 "I..I don't care," she lied badly.

 "Oh, God. He'd be so embarrassed," I pointed out. "Come on Ness."

 "But why!" she moaned. "Why would he think of women like this!"

 "Like what, naked? We all do, from time to time. Guys...have needs," I said. 

"Can't he just...use his imagination or something?!" she shouted. I'm sure he does, this just helps.

 "It's nothing to worry about. These aren't even the really dirty ones," I pointed out. 

"How do you figure?" she asked, plopping herself down on the floor. I sat down next to her and took one of her hands in mine. 

"These ones pretty tame, the girls are just by themselves," I said.