20

Renesmee

 I thought of another awesome thing about you," Jake said, turning around as he rinsed off our dishes. 

"And what would that be?" I asked from my seat at the kitchen table, where he'd ordered me to stay put.

 "All you wanted for Valentine's Day dinner was some half-cooked steak! No side dishes, no dessert, just steak. Hell, I can do that!" he exclaimed.

 I smiled and took another sip of the beer that had been one of my gifts. Yes, beer. He'd found a kind that I actually liked. He said most people found this particular brand a little harsh, but I was enjoying it. Earlier today, we went out on a date with Jake's sisters and their husbands,  we went to this super cool historic museum. It was a lot of fun being all together but I was really looking forward to time alone with my Jacob. We'd mostly gotten each other things to read. He was thrilled at the magazine subscriptions I'd gotten him, he'd have plenty of reading material for the next twelve to sixteen months. He'd gotten me an impressive stack of books. A few rare finds, some poetry, and a gardening book among them. There would be more gifts to come, we hadn't even given each other the dirty gifts yet. That had become kind of an unplanned tradition with us. There were the gifts we could give to each other in front of everybody else, then one for later when it was just the two of us. 

"How did you get rid of the boys, anyway?" I asked as he dried his hands, and the dishwasher quietly turned on. 

He grinned. "Easy. I gave them some money, and told them to go have fun somewhere else." 

"You kicked them out?" I said, not sure if I should laugh, or be upset with him. 

"No! I gave them money, they'll find something to do." I decided it was funny, so I laughed. 

 "How much did you give them?" I asked as he took my hand, and pulled me towards him. 

"Enough that they'll be gone for a while." 

"More than twenty dollars?" I asked as he lifted me and set me on the counter. 

"Yeah," he said, rubbing my shoulders.

 "More than one hundred?" I asked.

"Are we talking per kid, or total?"

 "Per kid," I clarified. 

"Then, no." 

"I'm okay with that," I said. He lowered his head and started to nuzzle my neck and shoulder.

 "I figured you would be." I felt his lips, then his tongue at the base of my neck. "What do you think," he began, "about you and me getting in the hot tub?"

 "I'm not done with my drink though," I said, frowning and pointing at my half-empty bottle at the kitchen table.

 He parted from me and grabbed it. "Here, chug it," he suggested. As I did, I felt his fingers on my neck, then caressing my throat as I tilted my head back for the last few drops. As soon as I set the bottle down, he was stripping me out of my shirt. 

"Wait, we gotta wear swimsuits!" I argued. 

 "Aw, man. At least wear one of the slutty ones," he said with a grin, trying to put his hands down the back of my pants. I shrieked with laughter at his filthy comment, pretended to slap him in the face, and ran towards our room.

 "Don't look!" I called behind me. 

"At what?" 

"At what I'm picking!" 

"Okay, hurry up!" he urged me through the door. 

I yanked open my swimsuit drawer and focused on the side with the two-piece ones. For bottoms, I went with comfy, but sexy, black boy shorts. I felt festive picking out a cherry red halter as the top piece. Red and black would be just right for today. I ran into the bathroom and slammed the door shut.