🌹Chapter Five🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER FIVE🌹

I'm just going to say it. This is the second worst day in my entire life, the worst being the night of the ball. Alexander Knight comes out of his car holding my purse in his hands and a sly smirk on his face. He seriously planned this, that horrible man has no end to his schemes.

I sigh as he approaches me and I glare at him as I harshly take my purse out of his hands and fish out my keys, and not even thanking him because he wanted this to happen all along. "Rose, please talk to me" He says and his tone has a bit of desperation in it but I don't even look up at him.

After I've found my keys I open the outdoor of the building and walk inside and slam the door in his face. I don't allow him to say anything else or do anything else. There is no way that I'm ever going to talk to him again. Or maybe when I'm awarded the best company owner with the best company and am on top of the list while he's lost.

Then I walk to my apartment and open the door. My body automatically moves to the window and looks outside. He's still there, only now he's by his car. Waiting. He can't be waiting for me, can he? That doesn't even make any sense. He doesn't care about me at all.

He doesn't care about anyone. Alexander Knight can't love and doesn't love. Ever. I look away from the window and into my bedroom. I take a quick shower and once I'm done and wrapped in a towel I call Miss Scott. "Hello...?" She asks but there is something hidden in her voice that I'm not sure what is but I just shake my head on it.

I suppose my headache is still present in my head whether I like it or not. "Miss. Scott-" I begin to say with a stern voice. But I hear a yelp coming from her. What is going on over there? "Miss. Ace, haha, funny story... you see I got a call telling me that you were busy today and will not be coming, haha, and now your schedule for next week is booked..." She trails off hesitantly.

My eyes widen and I shake my head. "Who called?" I ask as I feel my anger rise as I do feel a hunch on who but I do want to be sure about it. Slowly I walk over the window to make sure that he still there and somehow there is a relief inside me to know that he is still there.

No. No. Rose. Don't go there. "I don't know but they if I called you I'd be fired" She says and I feel a hint of sadness in her voice. I pick out the clothes in my closet on what to where while she talks. "Miss. Scott, only I have the power to fire you and I will not be firing you now nor ever" I tell her and she breathes out in relief.

I guess I know who scared her like that, which means I will have to scare him even more. "How's everything going? Nothing is on fire, is it?" I ask as I dry my body and then start dressing myself. "No of course not. Everything is going so great here. You might want to come in today, though. There are a lot of papers that need your signature" She tells me. As if I didn't know that.

Once I'm dressed which was very hard with one hand by the way I brush my hair. "I know. I'm coming soon. Might be an half an hour to an hour but I can't be sure when" I tell her. "All right. See you then, Miss. Ace" She says and then hangs up the phone.

Putting the phone down on table, I go into the kitchen to see that the note and the roses are still on the floor and I don't even attempt to pick them up. There is this fear inside of me that refuses me to pick them up because it came from him, the same guy that has yet again played me for a fool.