🌹Chapter Twenty - Five🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWENTY - FIVE🌹

My hair does look shorter and in just the length that I like it in and I was so busy to notice that she has colored my ends with hints of blue and it truly does look beautiful on me and it just lights my whole face up and brings me character. I do love this, I truly do.

"Thank you, I love it. Your work brings wonders to me" I tell her and that is the truth in its honest form and I really do love that. "I know, I'm amazing" She jokes and I laugh at it. "Now, I must do the thing that I hate doing but must do. That will be thirty dollars, I only take cash" She says with a frown on her. "I will go get the money" Mom says and she leaves the bathroom.

I just continue to look at myself in the mirror and admire my hair. I don't think I've ever looked this good in my life. The blue in my hair really does bring wonders to me like I said. "Hey, if you're ever in need of something else, I can offer you something" She says and her face has suddenly gone all serious looking.

That almost never happens with Caitlyn, she's always so happy and joyful but this is like a new her. I give her a confused look. She sighs and hands me a card which I take and look at. "Assassin for the hire" I read of the card and then look up at her and she does have a serious look on her face again.

My eyes widen and my jaw falls open and I have no idea what is going on here but assassin? What's that all about? "What is this?" I ask her and she lightly shakes her head. "You honestly think that I only work at the hair salon, no, I do more gruesome jobs and I know how much you've been hurt. I ask no questions, but one word from you and I will eliminate someone for you" She says.

My eyes widen even further, if that is even possible. "Eliminate meaning....?" I trail off but I think I already know the answer for that. "You don't want to know" She answers but then before I have the time to ask any more questions my mom comes in with the money and a joyful look on her face.

Caitlyn goes back to being happy and smiles at her. I quickly hide the card and then put up a fake smile when in reality I'm panicking here inside. I have no idea what to say and this is insanity. I don't want anyone eliminated and I certainly don't want anyone to die. I can't even believe that people like these even were real in the world.

Before I even knew what was happening, Caitlyn leaves and I'm standing in the bathroom shocked on the inside while normal on the outside. Being in the business world I've learned that it's better to never reveal what you're feeling inside, as sad as it sounds people will use that for their own advantage and it will only get worse for you.

"Come on, we need to continue planning. There is much to do but together I know we can do it" She says and my mom drags me to the living room and then again we're back sitting there planning the gala and it's a good way to get my mind of things that just happened, like the fact that Caitlyn, my moms friend that I've known for a long time is an actual assassin.

Mom's phone rings. "It's work, I have to take this" She says and she answers it. "Oh, that's not good, back to square one" She says and then pauses and lets the person on the other side of the phone speak. "Of course, I will be right there" She says before she nods and then hangs up. "I'm sorry, Rosie but I just lost a deal but there is hope about it and I need to be there. Will you be all right here?" She asks me.

I nod my head. Knowing how important it is to keep deal with other business owners and I know that this is serious. "Yes, I'll be fine. I was about to suggest a break in this, we've been at this for hours" I tell her and she nods her head. Coming over to me, she kisses the top of my head. "I'll try to be as quick as I can. Don't get too bored without me" She says and smiles my way which I return.