🌹Chapter Thirty - One🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER THIRTY - ONE🌹

My body is pushed against the closed door and then I'm met with eyes, familiar eyes. Eyes that I feel in love with. The eyes of Alexander Knight. He looks into my eyes and I get lost in his. But, all he sees in my eyes is pain and hopelessness. Before I could do anything he removes his had of my mouth and then his lips slam against mine.

My eyes widen when he does that and at first I try to fight it but then slowly I stop and close my eyes. Melting into the kiss. He kisses me hungrily and passionately but also possessively. He bites my lower lip to open my mouth and I let him and that was a mistake.

The kiss is short but it was everything I could dream off but then when reality kicks into me and quite harshly might I add, I push him off me and slap him. Hard. My hand stings and there is a bit of pain in it but not as much pain as there is in my body. And I certainly don't let him know that my hand is stinging in pain.

He looks shocked but also relaxed. "I deserve that" He whispers and his voice sounds so heavily in my ears. No, Rose, you have to stop this. He used you and only wants to continue to use you. Don't let him. But, no matter what I do, I always fall right back into his game and I can't stop myself from falling deeper in love with him.

I give him a sharp not at his words before I begin to speak. "Give me one reason why I should not scream for everyone can hear?" I ask him and cross my arms over my chest. I'm angry, no, I'm furious, beyond furious at him and I should be beating everything out of him but I'm not and I don't even know why.

He backs away a bit. "All right, listen, Rose, I know I hurt you but please just let me explain" He speaks and I roll my eyes and scoff at him. "Explain? You've explained a lot to me and frankly, I don't want to hear any more of it. In fact, I don't want to hear anything from you. Goodbye, Alexander" I say as I turn around and open the door and walk out.

It takes everything in me to walk away from him but I need this. I can't have him here and I can't be near him. This was supposed to the most perfect night and for others it is but for me, I'm in misery here. Not much is happening with me and I wonder if this is how the host of a gala always feels.

I don't have that much fun and not that many talk to me and my mom is somewhere else and now he is here. I knew that he would be here but mom made sure that I would have bodyguards, they are here somewhere. Mom made sure that they would be close behind me but I would not be able to see them.

The gala is sill going on in full and people are having fun and laughing and some are even dancing to the music. I'm not sure what I should be doing right. I start walking to the kitchen, just to make sure that everything is running smoothly there. The staff is all there, or most of them since some are on the ground serving the guests.

I enter the kitchen and like it I hit a wall I freeze right in my tracks. Tears form in my eyes when I see what is in the kitchen. The kitchen itself is mostly empty but there is one other person here beside myself. And the pain in my heart forces me to back up a bit. Lena sits on in the kitchen with tears streaming down her cheeks.

Her face looks up when she notices me and I gasp at how horrible state she's in. Her cheeks are hollow and her eyes are lifeless, and the tears of sadness and pain streaming down her face makes me feel so guilty. She stands up and slowly walks over to me.