🌹Chapter Twenty🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWENTY🌹

I look at him with curious eyes as I await for him to tell me and somehow my heart has stopped beating. "Rose, you have to know that I did this because o-" He begins but he's cut off by his phone ringing in his pocket. He looks at me and then he picks up his phone and answers it. For business people like us, not answer the phone is very rude so I understand why he's answering it.

He says a couple of words before he grows angry and starts to panic. "I will be right over" He says before he hangs up. Alexander gives me a guilty and apologetic look. "I have to go, something came up and I need to be there, but I will definitely explain later. All right?" He asks me and I nod my head.

I know myself that when it comes to work, it's hard to balance the personal life, that's why I never dated anyone, also the fact that I was heartbroken by the same man that I let back into my life when I promised myself that I wouldn't but somehow I couldn't help it and I hated it, I hate myself for allowing this to happen.

"I understand" I tell him, not even sure what I can say at this point. After everything that he has told me and after everything that I've learned here, I'm bound to have questions and now he can't answer them or tell me his so called plan which doesn't even make sense to me because why would he be so guilty about one little plan?

We stand up and go out of the restaurant, he had put the money down for the food and a tip on the table. We get into his car and he drives off. In silence might I add. I am afraid to ask anything because I can practically feel how angry he is at the moment and sometimes it's best to leave him alone when he's angry.

He finally stops the car in front of my apartment building and I already know that he's been keeping taps on me and that is how he knows that which I am a little angry about because he's been stalking me for years which does freak me out a bit and somehow I was better off not knowing that bit of information but he promised me the truth so he had to say it

He sighs when I take off my seat belt. "I know that I've been horrible to you in the past and even now but I would like to have dinner with you again and explain the plan that I had put in action" He tells me and I can tell that the words about the plan is on the tip of his tongue, but I think he's just afraid to tell me, which I would be too if I had explained everything that he has tonight.

"I would like that" I whisper, my own voice failing me at the moment. I don't look up at his face but when a few seconds pass and nothing happens, neither one of us speaks, I turn around and then open the door of the car and walk out into the night which makes me able to breathe a little better now that I'm outside and not with him.

I force myself to not look back when I walk inside and I lean against the door as I close it when I enter my apartment. This day has been insane and crazy, I don't know how I can go through with tomorrow. With everything that I know and everything that I've been told, I'm afraid to face the next day.

I'm also afraid to knowing this plan. Alexander is one of the strongest man I know of and it freaks me out when he feels guilty about something and there is this tiny voice in my head that is doubting everything he's saying but I know that he's telling the truth. It has to be truth, I have to believe he told me the pure truth.

I sit down in my dark apartment in the kitchen before I dare myself to look outside the window, I don't even know why because when I look outside I notice that he's gone, of course he's gone, I don't know what Is as thinking. "Get it together, Rose. Get it together" I whisper to myself as I turn on the light and get a glass from the cupboard.