🌹Chapter Seventeen🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER SEVENTEEN🌹

I walk into my office and close the door. He looks at me and smirks as he eats his cherries. Can't that guy leave me alone, even for just one day? I'm starting to miss the time he pretended I did not exist. "What are you doing here?" I ask him with a glare that is pointed directly at him and no one else.

His smirk only widens. "It just so happens that you are my Co-CEO, I need your opinions in the company" He says, finishing the last cheery when he's done talking while I just roll my eyes. "You could have called or sent an email but you had to come here and beak into my office and sit on my chair which I want you to get out of!" I angrily say.

This man makes me angry but still feel calm and happy at the same time and the confusion only makes me angrier and I don't like that, not one bit. Alexander stands up and bows. "See, I can do what you ask me to do. After all, your wish is my command" He says and winks at me while I roll my eyes again at him. Is this gut for real?

"As lovely as it would be to be in the Victorian age, this is not that time and you don't have to do everything I tell you to do, but you could get out. I'm having a good morning and I don't need you to ruin it" I tell him and I really don't want to deal with him right now. The more he's around me, the more I start to feel the things that made me fall in love with him.

"My dear Rose, you don't have to be angry at me, we are working together and the sooner you accept that fact, the sooner we can make our companies better" He says but all I got were lies. He doesn't care about my company at all, he only cares about his own but then again I do kind of own that company too.

Sighing I walk past him and sit by my desk and looking down at it to see if he has put something on it but I do notice that the ring in the box is gone and when I look up at him I see that he's playing with it. "You know, it would make me feel better if you were this" He tells me and yet again I roll my eyes, this is just that kind of day I suppose.

"None of this is about how you feel better, Mr. Knight. And I couldn't care less" I tell him and continue to glare at him. He does look slightly hurt by my words but then I need to remind myself that he did hurt me a whole lot more than this and this is just revenge for what he has done to me.

He goes around the desk and sits down on the chair with the ring in his palms, still looking at it and playing with it with his fingers. He sighs before he looks up at me. "The night of the ball I had planned something special for us after. And, with this ring I was going to propose to you, I guess that never happened" He says.

I can see tears form in his eyes and I can already feel them water in mine. "I kept the ring, hoping that you would one day forgive me and accept me and this ring. I suppose that time is not now" He tells me and this really does break me. He was going to propose? That's so sweet.

No, it can't be sweet. He literally only planned to marry me because of that horrible deal that our parents made, he did not choose to do this, he was forced to do it and that only tells me that he just wanted to finish that deal. "As much as I would love to talk about the past, I'm more for the future now and how to make it better" I tell him harshly.

Alexander is only trying to win me back so that the deal can be finished. He's probably been planning this for years so who's to say that he's not just using pity to do it. "If there isn't anything work related you need, then I suggest you leave so I can continue working. Not everyone have the ability to leave work at any time and be gone for more than a few hours" I tell him, hinting that he should leave and not come back for some time.