🌹Chapter Six🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER SIX🌹

I arrived at the office angry and just miserable and I need something to calm me down but then again I need my anger to come up with better plans to take that man down. He thinks he can just play me like some toy but he's wrong. I'll show him what happens to those who want to play me.

My office is my safe haven, it always manages to calm me down and today is no different. I just put my anger on hold and I will let it out soon and hopefully at him. But once I step into my office I notice something on my desk. A single white rose.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. How did he get flowers in here? No one but Miss Scott is allowed in this office and those who I have a meeting with in my office which doesn't happen that often, other than that this office is always locked with only two keys. Mine which I have right here and Miss Scott's which I know she will protect with her life.

Trust me, I know that Miss Scott does take this work very seriously. The first few weeks and still today she works hard and is stubborn with breaks. She refuses to take breaks because she wants to work as much as she can. That is the definition dedication.

Of course she has breaks as any employee has but she doesn't use them but that is up to her because how my employees use their breaks is none of my business. It's their break and not mine. I exit my office and when I spot Miss Scott I walk over to her.

She does look rather nervous and surprised and... shocked? To see me but I just shrug it off. I suppose this morning has been strange for the both of us. "Miss Scott, has anyone entered my office today?" I ask her. Some employees walk past us and I smile at them.

She hesitantly shakes her head. "N-no of course not. Why do you ask?" She tells me with a nervous smile. I shrug off the topic since I know I can trust her and she is telling me the truth. "Are you feeling all right?" I ask her because the health of my employees are more important than the work they do and if she's sick then I want her to go home and rest.

"Yes, I'm all right" She answers but there is something hidden in her voice that I can't explain or understand but I don't question her. She is my most trusted employee and she knows that she can trust me with anything. She has in the past, perhaps she's just tired. Happens to the best of us and by that I mean everyone.

I go back to my office and I take another look at the white rose that is on my desk and I wonder hot it got here. It's clear from whom it is, the only question is how and perhaps why because I know that he hates me and just wants me to suffer so that I lose the company and my whole career but perhaps this is his way of making me suffer.

From the moment that I saw him this morning I have been suffering under his control and not anymore, now it is time I take control. Walking to my desk, I take the rose and throw it in the trash bin. I don't want to see it anymore because it will remind me of the pain that I just went through and there is no way that I will ever be in that kind of pain again.

I sit down by my desk and I start working, opening the computer and going through the things there before I go through the big pile of papers that all need my signature but I need to read them all before I sign them because you should always read before you sign, just a life hack that everyone could use.

.•🌹•..•🌹•..•🌹•.

A knock on the door breaks me away from my thoughts as I was reading this one paper that needs my signing but I don't think is I'll sign it because it doesn't really help the company nor the employees so it's not that important for me to sign it.