An Unlikely Friendship

Your POV

Harry glanced back and forth between Uma and I.

"What? Do you guys know each other?" He looked severely confused.

I looked at Uma and we both began to laugh.

"It's kind of a long story," I began, "but you know how Uma swam around Auradon after the incident with Mal, Ben, and the wand?"

"Yeah...."

"Well, when I was hanging around Mermaid lagoon one day, I saw her sitting on the shore all by herself."

"I used to spend my afternoons there since it was the most quiet place in Auradon. I still don't get why they would call it Mermaid lagoon if there aren't any mermaids." Uma added in.

"Whenever I needed to clear my head, I would go there for the same reason Uma was there. To be alone."

"At first I tried to hide, because Mal was on the hunt for me ever since the incident on that ship."

"Obviously I knew who Uma was, but I didn't have any intention of ratting her out. I sort of related to her - and you know I've always had a soft spot for kids who've grown up on the Isle."

"Anyways, (y/n) calls out to me, promising not to tell anyone she'd seen me. I thought "what the heck?", it's been pretty lonely anyway. Plus, at that point, I was kind of over the whole 'evil' act."

"So I went over to her, introduced myself, and we began to talk. I talked about my problems, she told me about hers. Before I knew it, 2 hours had passed!"

"Even though she had to head back home, we promised to meet up at the same place every other day. She was the best thing that happened to me when I was hanging around Auradon - and is probably the reason I didn't go back to being bad."

"We sort of fell out of touch during the Audrey thing, but I've been hoping to find you ever since. Are you planning on attending Auradon Prep now?"

"I'll have to check with my mom, but I really hope -"

"Hold on. So what you both are saying is that you've known each other for months now!?"

Uma glanced at me. "Yes, and your point is..?"

"Why didn't either of you tell me?"

I shrugged. "It never came up. It hasn't even been 24 hours since we officially met, remember?"

"I have one question. Did I, uhh, ever come up when you guys were talking?"

I thought hard about this. "Not really, actually. I mean, Uma had mentioned that her two best friends on the Isle were you and Gil, but apart from that you were pretty irrelevant - in the conversation I mean."

"So Uma, you never told (y/n) about your charming pirate friend, whom she'd get along with very well?" He tried to say that casually, but it didn't really come across that way. Desperate's not a great look on you Harry.

"Harry, not everything's about you, chill." She rolled her eyes at him. 

"So are we going to eat or not?" I looked at Harry expectantly.

"Uma, can you get us something nice - as in not rotten - to eat? Actually, why don't you eat with us? It'll give you and (y/n) a chance to catch up."

"Sure, I'll be back in a second with the food."

I followed Harry as he began to walk towards a small booth.

"(Y/N), before Uma gets back, there's something I need to talk to you about."

This chapters pretty short, but the next two have been my favourite to write so far, so stay tuned! (I would ask a question or something, but no one really replies so I'll stop those for a while) - Have a great day!