Puzzle Pieces

[This explains Uma's expression in the picture for Unexpected Visits - check it out if you want:)]

I hid on the carpet behind a large tree, trying to get a better look without getting caught. Yeah, it's true. Johnny was with Uma. Why didn't either of them tell me?

Carpet gestured at me, pointing to Johnny and Uma. "No, I can't let them see me," I explained. "I don't want to ruin their date." Carpet didn't agree and shook his tassels condescendingly. I'm not spying, I'm being considerate. "Seriously, it's better this way."

"Wait - what are you doing?!" Carpet sped out from behind the tree - me still riding obviously - exposing us to the open.

"(Y/N), is that you?" I heard Johnny call from underneath.

"You had one job," I whispered under my breath to Carpet. I sighed. "Yes Johnny, it's me." Carpet triumphantly lowered me down to the ground, now content with the situation.

I got down. "I was just riding around when I saw you - I didn't mean to spy." Uma glanced away, avoiding eye contact with me. "Uma, you lied to me! You could have told me why you had to leave-"

"I'm sorry (y/n) - I wanted to tell you, but I'm new at all this."

"And Johnny, why didn't you tell me Uma was the girl?"

"I didn't want anyone to know." Uma jumped in. "Not before we got anywhere."

"Yea, but I'm one of your best friends - both of you!" I glanced back and forth between the two of them, my arms crossed.

"You and Harry are so perfect together - it would be embarrassing if it didn't work out between Johnny and me. Are you cross?"

I thought for a second. "Of course not - this is actually really exciting! Two of my best friends, together-"

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves." Uma made eye contact with me - a look that said "you're making me uncomfortable."

"Fine - but I wish you told me Uma - I could have helped you get ready. You didn't need to wear those clothes." I joked.

"Hey! I-"

"She's looking perfect how she is," Johnny added. Uma smiled at him. "You were trying to reach me, is everything okay?"

"I don't want to intrude with my problems, just call me later today." I began to walk backward to leave.

"No seriously, we don't mind - plus it might help to have two of us listening." Johnny made space on the bench for me.

"Harry's acting weird." I blurted out. "And, I don't know why, all I asked him was 'why did Lydia want to find you' - he totally lost it."

"Lydia?"

"Mother Gothel's daughter," Uma told Johnny.

"I didn't know she had a daughter."

"Apparently no one did," I said.

"What did Harry say?"

"Practically nothing - that's the problem. He got super defensive, and then abruptly left. Could she have been one of the girls he went out with?" I looked at Uma.

"No, I think I would have known."

"Then why would he act so secretive?"

"Maybe something else is going on - something he doesn't feel like talking about."

"Or maybe he doesn't want to talk to you about it," Uma added.

"That's brilliant guys! Uma - can you call Harry right now and talk to him? But don't let him know I talked to you."