Chapter 17

Gamma Elwin, I can feel his presence in my room. I think he has been told to look after me while Dante goes to North Palace.

I like him. Like Dante he also sworn his protection to me and takes care of him. He also tells me new things about the moon creatures world.

"Queen, I know you are awake. It would be good for your health. If you eat something.

Oh yes. I forgot chocolate.

"There is chocolate?"

"Yes Queen, there is."

He sound like he is trying to hold his laugh. I don't why? I think moon creatures have a problem that they laugh a lot. What if it's a curse but can laughing actually be a curse.

The chocolate is always the best thing to taste when you are hungry.

"Gamma Elwin, can I ask you a question?"

"It will be my honour to any of your questions Queen."

"What is Alpha, Gamma and Beta?"

He looks happy I don't know why maybe because I want to learn about moon creatures.

"Queen, wolves work on hierarchy. On the top is the alpha whose duty is to not only protect the pack but run the pack with utmost capability. Then comes Beta who is protector and assistant to the alpha. Then comes with Gamma the protector and assistant to the luna.

The Luna is far above the hierarchy as she nurtures not only the alpha but the lack. Then there are pack members who take any profession which they want and Can excel in from medicine to carpentry."

They live a very smooth and defined life. You can be a professional at any thing you want. Everybody serves a purpose and everybody is respected.

But I am scared. He said i am the luna. Who is above hierarchy. How will i be a good luna? When i don't even know the basics of the life moon creatures live.

I can preferably ask Dante when he comes back to explain me my job and I should meet others too. How will I nurture them when I don't even know them. I hope Dante doesn't find himself a problem in the north palace.

Please share, vote and comment.
-priyanka.