four

Selene

Selene

I WATCHED AS MY DAD MADE HIS WAY TO THE BACK EXIT OF THE VENUE, A SMILE ON HIS FACE.

Caden's leash was tightly in his hand— the dog panting as he moved his head to adjust to his new surroundings.

I had invited him to see the show since it would be the only one he would be able to go to. He of course agreed since he wanted to be supportive of his me.

Our relationship with each other was better than the relationship I had with my mom. It was mostly because my mother left me at the ripe age of seven for another man that she had known for two weeks. She couldn't handle having a daughter. She always complained about how she wanted a boy. I always wondered as a kid if she had gotten the boy that she wanted. If she was finally happy.

I was torn back then but didn't care now. I was doing perfectly fine without my mother and so was my dad.

I wrapped my arms around my dad, a small laugh escaping his lips. He pulled away first, giving the leash to me. Caden jumped onto me, letting out a bark.

"I don't know how he's going to handle being away from you for months. He was whining all last night," he informed me.

"It's either you or my the coffee shop manager," I snorted.