twenty five

October 31, 2018

October 31, 2018

IT WAS SELENE'S BIRTHDAY AND YET SHE WAS STILL IN HER BED AT 12 IN THE AFTERNOON.

History repeats itself doesn't it?

She was still sleep— her hair sprawled out everywhere once more. This time Mitch didn't have a key. Instead, him and Harry sat outside of her apartment; knocking on the door. She groaned as her phone rung. She opened her eyes halfway and answered the call.

"Answer the door Le," Harry said. Selene could sense the smirk. "Did you think I was joking when I said I wasn't opening the door?" she responded.

"Are you just waking up?"

"Are you leaving my door?"

"Seleneeeee," he whined.

"I'm getting up shut the hell up before I get a complaint from the neighbors."

She got up and stretched. Her eyes rolled as she heard three more knocks.

Impatient ass Harry Styles.

She opened to door to see the Harry with gifts. Yeah, that does it. She attempted to reclose it but Harry put his foot in the doorway. "Not so fast". Both him and Mitch walked into the apartment with a smile on their faces. Selene closed the door and turned to them.

"Happy Birthday!" they said in unison. Selene smiled.

"I may hate y'all for waking me up but thank you," she said. Caden ran up to Harry; the dog panting in excitement.

"Open your gifts," Harry said as he sat down on the stool near to him. The guitarist adjusted her septum piercing before she grabbed a gift.

"Sorry about the bad gift wrapping," he muttered as he scratched his neck.

"It's fine. Better than what I do."

She ripped the wrapping to reveal a box. She placed the wrapping on the island and then opened the box to reveal some rings that matched her apple stick and poke and the rattle snake one,  a sunflower scented candle, and some curly hair products. She was grateful that he thought about that. The last thing she saw was small clothes. Premature almost.

"Are these for the teddy bear that you got me on the last day of tour?"

Harry shrugged. "Maybe. Now open your other presents."

She set the box down and grabbed the other horribly wrapped present; courtesy of Harry. She opened it to see a pile of sweatshirts. Two of them were his merch but the rest were other brands that she didn't know. "You we're complaining last week about how cold it gets here so I just brought some more hoodies..."

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

"I counted ten hoodies."

"Yeah?"