twelve

SELENE COVERED HER MOUTH AS SHE COUGHED, MITCH LOOKING AT HER IN WORRY.

She always got sick as the weather started to transition from warm to cold. It never failed. It was just the normal cold but it took everything from her. Her energy and voice were both gone. All that came out of Selene's mouth was a rasp if she was lucky.

The first day wasn't bad. There were a few sniffles here and there but it didn't bother her. She was still active and doing regular things.

On the second day she was more fatigue. The coughing came to bite her in the ass. She sounded like and dying goose according to Mitch. On the third day, most of her voice was gone. Mitch took that as an advantage to make jokes about her, knowing that she wouldn't be able to reply like she normally would.

The first person that was called was her manager. It was in her contract. She had to call him every time something happened. It was a bit annoying but it showed that he genuinely cared for her wellbeing. Harry was the next person that was called about her cold. He was her boss technically speaking. She couldn't show up to the next show just sick.

"What?" Mitch questioned as he looked at Harry through the phone.

"Tea? Have you tried tea?" Harry asked. The two had been going on about what would work and wouldn't work for a cold. Selene was enjoying hearing the two bicker over a small cold.

"What the hell is tea gonna do Harold?" Mitch asked.

"I don't know! I looked it up," he defended. "She's like a little kid. She's sick... short," he started, making Selene roll her eyes. She grabbed the phone from Mitch, making him protest against it.

"Your germs are on my phone now!"

She stuck up the middle finger at Mitch, then bringing it to the phone to show Harry.

"Asshole," she mouthed, making Harry laugh.

"Give me back my phone Selene," Mitch whined.

"Fuck off Mitchell," she said, her voice going in and out. "What were you saying about tea?"

"Chamomile Tea. There should be some at the market by the hotel."

"Thanks," she mouthed once more, giving the phone back to Mitch.

"I have a flight later on tonight so i'll see you two tomorrow," Harry said, hanging up after. Mitch put down his phone and grabbed a pillow. The pillow collided with Selene's stomac, making her furrow her eyebrows.

"What was that for?" she breathed out.

"For putting all of your germs on my phone," he said as he hit her again with the pillow. She laughed (more like a wheeze) as she grabbed a pillow, throwing it at Mitch's face.

"That's how it is?"

"You started it jerk," she let out.

"Stop talking Selene. You sound like the thing from Spongebob," he retorted.

"What?"

"The... Just look," he said as he pulled up a video on Youtube.

"Fuck off," she whined as she threw another pillow at the older man. "I'm serious Selene. No more talking," he demanded as he placed the pillow back on the bed.