thirteen

SO MANY WOMEN WERE AT THE VICTORIA SECRET SHOW.

Selene had seen a lot of them of TV before. They were all skinny, tall, and absolutely beautiful. She had talked to a few before they had to get ready and they were extremely nice. Selene has just wished that the there had been more representation.

More diversity. More body sizes.

As a kid, she barely saw anyone like her on TV. As a mixed kid, it was hard for her. Her mom left her at a young age, making her feel disconnected with her Mexican culture. Her dad was black, the girl growing up on TV shows like Madea. Selene was grateful for her dad's side of family. They taught her how to come out of her shell.

She didn't have any contact with her mom's side of the family anymore. After her mom decided she wanted to leave, they didn't even try to spend time with her. It hurt at first but she realized that she was better off without them anyway.

"Are you sure your feeling better?" Harry asked as everyone sat in the dressing room. This was literally his third time asking. Mitch had already asked twice today. She had gotten over the cold in five days. It was the shortest one she has ever had. She practically drugged herself up on tea, soup, and antibiotics. She was gaining back her energy and everyone was glad. It was sad to watch her mope around tiredly.

"What was your temperature today?" Sarah asked, making the girl huff. They asked her literally everyday. Every day. Mitch found it funny when she would get annoyed by them.

"98.2. I'm fine, really."

Selene adjusted the ear piece in her ear with her left hand as she adjusted the strap to the guitar with her right. They were going to be going on stage in five minutes which meant she had barely any time to calm herself the fuck down. Her eyes wandered around the room. There was multiple models frantically running to get their wings on. Some of them were fluffing their hair out to make it have more volume. Selene's hands softly shook as she tried to tune her guitar.

Breathe in. Out. In. Out.

A much larger hand was placed onto the guitar, steadying it as it shook. Selene's hazel eyes looked at the small, black cross that was on his hand. Her eyes trailed up to his green eyes that had a look of worry.

Selene looked at the others who were paying no attention to the two. She sighed before turning back to Harry. "It's scary thinking about going on that stage isn't it?" Harry asked as he watched her tune the guitar. "What are you afraid of?"

"Messing up a note, playing the wrong cord, my guitar-

"Selene."

"-being out of tune, playing too fast-," she continued.

"Selene!" Harry said once more, making her look back up at the man.

"Have you ever messed up on stage?" he asked. She shook her head. "Everything's gonna be alright up there. Just try not to get too distracted," he smirked, making her slap his shoulder.

"I should be saying that to you Styles," she retorted as a small smile cake onto her face. His eyes widened and he opened his mouth slightly. "I'm offended," he jokingly said, placing his hand over his chest.

"As you should be," she said. Harry didn't get a chance to reply as the stage director came up to the band.

"Your going on now," he said to the group. Selene pushed a strand of hair back and nodded. She was going to be okay. She could do it. Harry looked at her as she stared at the curtain.

"Are you ready?"

"Ready as i'll ever be."

The rest of the band had to go own stage before Harry did. Selene followed Mitch, Sarah, and Claire out to the stage. Her eyes trailed over the thousands of people that were there. Mitch patter her back before the two parted their ways to the different ends of the stage. The band waited for their cue to start playing. Selene's eyes focused on the chords and how fast her hands moved to switch to a lower chord. She looked up, watching as Harry nodded towards the first model. He brung the wireless mic to his face, starting the first verse of Kiwi. This was one of the few times he had a mic that didn't have a wire.