six

THE DAY WAS A OFF DAY AND SELENE LAID IN HER BED WITH NOTHING BUT BASKETBALL SHORTS ON AND A BRA

She didn't know how long she had been up and it was a while. She had nothing legitimate to do. Sarah and Mitch were on a date, Claire went out by herself to sight see, and she had no clue what Harry was doing.

Mitch had almost cancelled on the date because of Selene almost having a panic attack after a nightmare the  night before. He wanted to stay with her but Selene didn't want to intervene in between the relationship that him and Sarah was building.

She reached for her phone and checked the time. It was one o' clock. She groaned and stood up, stretching her limbs out. She couldn't let Nate get to her again. He wasn't even free anymore.

Three knocks interrupted sounded on the door, making her furrow her eyebrows. She quickly grabbed a t-shirt and answered it. Harry.

"I thought you would need some cheering up. Mitch said you weren't feeling good," he said as his left hand rubbed his neck. She titled her head.

"I'm fine Harry. Don't worry about me."

His green eyes studied her hazel ones. She wasn't okay. She tried to hide it and act perfectly fine but the act was starting to show. Harry walked into the hotel room, making Selene roll her eyes.

"Yeah, let yourself in Harry," she muttered as she closed the door. He sat himself on the bed and sighed. The whole room wasn't the neatest but it certainly wasn't messy. It was honestly how she worked. Her blue guitar laid on the desk in front of her bed, the strings awaiting her fingers. Her suitcase was open, the clothes folded neatly inside of it. Her bed was still unmade since she had just got out of it two minutes ago. Her lyric journal was on the nightstand beside the bed, a pen on the top. 

She was glad that she left her pill bottle in the bathroom. She wouldn't want to have to go through explaining why she had it.

"You're going out today," Harry finally said after the room being filled with silence. "We're going out somewhere. I'm not going to let you mope around in here."

"You don't have anything else better to do?"

Selene didn't mean it. It was the anxiety that she felt. She was putting her shield up and she knew it.

She shook her head. "Forget what I said. It's not what I meant," she breathed out.

"I know what you meant. It's fine. But no, I don't have anything better to do since I can't annoy Mitch," he smiled.

His eyes seemed dimmer than they usual were. They were usually full of joy and happiness. Something seemed off. It was almost like something was bothering him also. Was he hanging out with her to get his mind off of something?

"You alright Harry?" she asked softly.

He titled his head. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

He had completely dodged the question which caught her off guard. Defensive. It was something Selene did so much that she had knew what it looked like. It was exactly what Harry was doing.