fifty three

December 20, 2019

GEMMA AND SELENE WALKED OUTSIDE OF THE OULET, THE TWO WOMAN BOTH HOLDING A DRINK IN THEIR HANDS.

The two had been out shopping for an hour. So far, Selene had two bags while Gemma had three. It felt nice that Selene actually got along with Harry's family. She sure as hell didn't with Nate's family. They were all manipulative in her eyes. They would see the bruises and then somehow make an excuse about how she probably got it herself.

Not only that, they practically blamed her for everything that happened. They believed that she was a "bitch" for causing Nate to go to jail.

Selene watched as Gemma pointed to a small, book store, a bright smile on her face. Selene eyed the store. It looked like it had an calm aura to it. "Would you like to go there?" Gemma asked. Selene nodded and took a sip of her hot chocolate.

"It seems like a cozy place. Thinking that Harry would like something from there?"

"Yeah, he really likes reading. I've seen him go through an entire book in three days before," Gemma acknowledged as the two made their way to the shop. "Also, what do you think Harry got you for Christmas?" she asked.

Selene pulled the door open as she thought. "I honestly don't know. Maybe jewelry? A new guitar case? I didn't really give him any specifics if i'm honest," she said, Gemma walking in. "Do you know what he's getting me?"

Gemma smiled. "I have an idea on a few things."

Selene walked in and looked around the place. They're were a lot of tall old furnished bookshelves surrounding the place; something that wasn't really seen since they made bookshelves relatively new nowadays. There were also fairy lights that were hung up on the walls; vines also being included.

"I'll go this way..." Gemma started as she pointed to an area of bookshelves. "And then you go this way. We'll meet up in... ten minutes."

"Sounds like a plan."

Selene wondered off into the direction she was told to, her eyes trailing over three bookshelves. "I might as well just go in order," she muttered to herself. She went to the first shelf, the guitarist seeing titles that had to deal with plants, gardens, and anything relating to nature. He was talking about how he wanted to start a garden in his backyard once the season changed. She smiled softly as she skimmed through the titles.

It didn't take her long to find a book. Selene placed her hand onto the olive green book and took it off the shelf. Almost as if Harry was watching her, her phone started ringing. She sighed and immediately answered. Her eyebrows furrowed as she heard Harry clear his throat.

"What's wrong Harry?"

"Um... I think i'm getting sick," he said, his voice hoarse. His voice definitely wasn't like that this morning.

"How long have you felt bad?" she asked, her body weight shifting onto her left leg. "It started, three days ago? I didn't want to worry anyone because it was just a fever and I couldn't cancel the show yesterday," he rambled on.

"Harry you've got to think of yourself first."

"I know," he muttered.

Selene sighed. "It sounds like you just got a cold from the weather changing. I'll be home after a while. I'll get groceries too. You think you'll be okay until I get back?"

"Yeah, Caden is keeping me company," he remarked. Selene could practically see the smile he probably had on his face.

"Okay. I love you," she said softly.