twenty four

October 25, 2018

SO FAR THEY HAD WRITTEN FOUR SONGS.

Golden, Treat People with Kindness, Watermelon Sugar and a song that Harry wouldn't tell any of them about. They knew it was a song that he by himself worked on but they had no idea what it was about. All Selene knew was that it was personal to him.

Selene had also finished To Be So Lonely. It took a lot out of her considering that last time she tried to write it, she had a anxiety attack. She ended up changing the point of view and a few words here and there. She was proud of herself. She honestly didn't think that she was ever going to get it finished because it bring up a lot of past traumatic experiences. Her therapist had said that this was her getting better. She was finally able to bring up the past without it haunting her.

She hadn't pitched the song to Harry just yet. She wanted it to be perfect. She knew that this album was going to mean a lot to Harry so she couldn't just give him a half assed song and call it a day. The song was missing something though. She just didn't know what. The beginning was a bit bland.

She did have another radio session with them though.

She walked into the studio and furrowed her eyebrows as she watched Harry and Mitch giggle to themselves.

"Le! Your here!" Harry smiled. Selene hoped they weren't high again. "I'm so happy."

Selene sat down on the couch near Harry and looked into his eyes. Well his pupils were definitely bigger than they usually were. His eyes weren't red though which meant he wasn't high on weed this time. Selene could really only think of two things that made someone's pupils dilate like that. 

"Are you high?" she asked.

"Not telling you."

"Yes you are."

"Am not."

"Harry," she sternly said.

"Maybe," he giggled. "I did not do an edible. Just mushrooms," he stated.

"Aren't those illegal?"

"Are they?" he smirked. Looks like she was going to be the babysitter today. She hadn't done any drugs since that day she accidentally got high. Mitch and Harry had done them once or twice after but nothing too serious. And definitely not shrooms. What made them do them now? Mitch just stared at the electric guitar in front of him with a smile on his face.

"Me and Bitch was working on a song before you got here and I really like it," Harry slurred.

"Yeah? What is it about?"

"Me! But not me. Fake me..." he concluded.

"That makes sense H," she retorted.

"Selene is here?" Mitch asked, as he turned around. Yeah, they were gone. Selene held in a laugh.

"What's the name of the song Harry," she croaked out. It was really taking everything in her to just bust out laughing in their faces.

"I don't have a name yet," Harry said as he picked up the guitar.

Harry strummed the chords perfectly fine considering that he wasn't sober. Selene watched as he tried his best to concentrate. He was doing a good job at it though.

"Nine in the morning, a man drops his kids off school. And he's thinking of you, like all of us do," he started. The song started off with a low chord which Selene honestly liked. It almost seemed like Mitch and Harry wrote songs faster when they were high. Maybe because they didn't have as much stuff on their mind as they did when they were sober.