forty one

June 3, 2019

THE TRIO SPENT ANOTHER WEEK IN LA BEFORE THEY MADE THEIR WAY BACK TO LONDON.

The first thing Selene had done when he got back was get Caden. She felt bad that she hadn't seen the dog but he literally didn't care. He was just happy to see his owner. She had ended up taking him to the dog park the very next day to let him have fun.

Now they had been in London for a week. Selene hadn't seen either Mitch or Harry for the past couple of days. She was busy. She had decided take up the offer of an Ep which— if you included the work she had to do for the other artist— it was a lot.

Selene stood by the coffee pot, watching as it brewed the brown substance. The guitarist had stayed up too long last night. She could barely keep her eyes open. She blinked slowly and grabbed the pot, filling her cup that was right beside it halfway. The hazel eyed woman then went to the fridge to grab some almond milk, Selene pouring it to the rim of the cup. Her hands opened the drawer right beside her to grab a spoon.

She found it ironic that she would usually get onto Harry for overworking himself but here she was, literally about to pass out from exhaustion. She picked up the cup and placed the spoon into it, the woman stirring the two drinks together.

Selene sat down on her couch, Caden jumping up. She smiled as the Husky rested his head in her lap. The guitarist let one hand fall down from her cup so she could pet him. The dog slowly closed his eyes in relaxation. Maybe she did need a day off. She took a sip of her coffee and placed it onto the stand beside her. Ten minutes. She was going to take a nap for ten minutes. She laid down, Caden moving so her was now beside her. She closed her eyes and sighed.

Ten minutes turned into thirty, and then that thirty turned into two hours. Harry unlocked her door with the key she had given him, his eyebrows furrowed. "Le?" he called out, Caden jumping down to greet the singer. Harry smiled as Caden jumped on him.

"Hey buddy," he greeted, his hands rubbing his back. Caden moved and Harry closed and locked the door. Harry walked into the living room and sighed as he saw Selene sleeping. By now, her hair was sprawled everywhere. Her face was tucked into her arms, Harry being able to clearly see her honey dipper tattoo. Even her legs were tucked into her body.

"Get up baby," he said as he softly shook her awake. She opened up her eyes and groaned.

"What time is it?"

"12:37pm."

"Oh shit. Sorry Harry, I know you wanted to go somewhere," she muttered as she sat up. He shrugged.

"You don't have to apologize. I know you've been overworking yourself so i'm not really surprised that you were still sleep. Plus, we can still go where I planned. It doesn't exactly have a set time."

She tilted her head. "What do I need to grab?"

"A bathing suit."