fifty eight

HARRY SAT IN A CHAIR BESIDE SELENE'S BED, HIS EYES TRYING TO STAY OPEN.

He hadn't gotten any sleep since he arrived in California. Her surgery was tricky. She ended up crashing twice and one of her artery's had been nicked by glass— making the surgery even longer. It took a total of four hours to repair everything in her abdomen. They were still worried about any possible brain injuries so they were waiting until she woke up to take her to get a scan.

She had been out for hours. Her dad, Mitch, and Harry were the only ones at the hospital at the moment. She looked so peaceful yet so disturbed. Her hair was matted with blood that the doctors hadn't touched yet due to her still being unconscious. They tried their best to get the dried blood off of her arms that stained them.

She was missing one of her nose piercings too. It didn't matter because she would have to take all of them out when she got her brain scan anyway. Harry could see the small freckles that aligned her cheeks. She had a small cut on her bottom lip too that he could see clearly through the oxygen mask she had on. Harry sighed and scooted his chair up more to her bed. He grabbed her hand and rubbed it softly.

She was so cold. Harry's eyes trailed over to Mitch who was still asleep in his chair. His long hair had covered part of his face since he hadn't put it in a ponytail or anything. The lead guitarist's arms err crossed as if he was holding himself. He had gone asleep thirty minutes earlier.

Selene's dad had just went home to take a shower and get some sleep. Harry practically forced him to go. He did promise that he would update her father if anything happened. Harry looked at the Iv that was implanted into a vein in her other arm. It gave her the amount of fluids she needed at the moment. Harry placed a kiss on her hand before standing up and walking out of the room. If he was going to stay up for any longer he was going to need something to drink or eat. He placed his bruised hand into his pockets as he ventured out into the hospital's hallways.

When he had arrived, it wasn't so pretty.

His eyebrows furrowed as he passed by the nurse's desk— a man who looked in distress talking to a nurse. "Does she have any family here? I hope she's not alone."

Harry's green eyes glared at the man. He had a few scrapes on his face, probably from hitting the wheel or small shard of glass hitting his face.

"They're in there with her right now. We still need to assess you and the cops need to get statements from you. I'm going to need you to go back to your room."

"You did this?" Harry questioned as he looked at the balding man in his forties. Harry's ring encased fingers pointed to Selene's hospital room. The man's blue eyes widened slightly.

"It was an accident. I- I didn't see her car when I was passing by and—"

"So not only did you run a red light, but you walk about with nothing but a few scratches while her heart stops twice during surgery?"

"Listen man, I'm sorry—"

Harry's fist connected quickly with the man's cheek, the nursing gasping at his behavior. Mitch saw from Selene's room— the older man rushing to grab the singer.

"Fuck you," Harry muttered. Mitch grabbed his arm and turned him around. "Harry. Stop. We are in public okay?" Mitch whispered as he pulled him back to the room. "You can't be doing this right now okay? Trust me, I want to do more than what you just did but it's not worth it. Selene's going to need to see you when she wakes up."

Harry placed a dollar into the snack machine, the singer punching the numbers so he could grab a bag of chips. They slowly left the dispenser and dropped, Harry bending down to pick them up.