forty

the next day

SELENE HAD ALREADY WOKEN UP BUT HARRY WAS STILL SLEEPING.

Her hazel eyes looked up at Harry who had his arms wrapped around her waist as they laid in the bed. His mouth was slightly parted— the singer's lips moving every now and then as air went out of his mouth. She had noticed that he would sleep later lately because of the fact that he didn't know when to stop fucking working. He needed a vacation. Hell, they all did. His grip on her tightened as he pulled her closer, Selene watching as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Stop watching me sleep," he raspily said as he dug his face into her neck. She grinned as her hand went up to his hair.

"You do the same exact thing," she protested as she let her hand fall to his reddened back. She sighed and ran her hands softly on the scratch marks. The guitarist heard him softly wince, Selene retracting her hand away after. "Sorry," Selene mumbled. He pulled his face out the crook of her neck and left a small kiss on her forehead.

"It's fine Le. I'm okay," he assured.

Harry sat up and grabbed his phone from off of the nightstand beside him. It was 10:22am. "Alright, we've got to get up," he let out as he stood up.

"Your not going to the studio," Selene stated. Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why not?"

"Because you are there almost every day. Mitch isn't even going today and neither is anyone else who usually works there. Just... stay. Please?" she begged.

"But-"

"It is May. December is months away and you already have most of the songs written and produced. Chill out for one day," she argued as she stood up, the woman making her way towards him. The guitarist wrapped her arms around his torso and placed a kiss on his collarbone. He smiled and placed his arms around her shoulders.

"I'll stay. But we are all going out. I don't think the three us of have hung out unless it was in the studio," Harry agreed.

"That's fine with me. As long as your giving yourself a break."

Harry pulled away from the hug to go to the dresser so he could grab a shirt. Normally, he would walk into the living room without one but, that wasn't happening with off all of the marks that Selene left. "You might wanna put on one of my hoodies," Harry muttered as he dug for a shirt.

Selene furrowed her eyebrows. "Why?"

"Maybe because I left hickeys everywhere doll," he remarked. Selene walked into the bathroom that was connected to their room to see purple marks everywhere. They went from her neck to her chest. A lot of makeup was going to be needed today.

Harry grabbed a black shirt and quickly put it on. He also grabbed a sweatshirt that had a teddy bear embroidered on it. "Here," he said as she walked out of the bathroom. She quickly placed it on and watched as Harry opened the door. He let her walk out first— the singer trailing behind her. Mitch was already sitting on a stool by the island, his eyes squinting at the two.

Selene looked at the older man with confusion. What the hell was he planning to say? Harry squinted at Mitch as the two walked to the kitchen.

"You two are acting weird," Mitch accused, Harry throwing up his hands.

"We literally just walked out of the room!" Harry exclaimed.

Mitch glanced at Selene. "Why is she wearing your sweatshirt?"

Selene rolled her eyes. "Dude i'm right here."

"Because I gave her it? Maybe your the one who's acting weird," Harry said as he opened the fridge.