Chapter - 32

Anya's POV

After sometime I was getting bored.

So I went towards the backyard in the garden.

I was sitting and thinking about all that happened since the day I came back.

Ri and Aru came and sat beside me breaking my chain of thoughts.

I didn't looked at them, neither I said anything. I was waiting for them to speak.

"Sorry" they said.

"We know we are wrong on our part. We should have informed you about it. After you left we were not on good terms with the sharmas. But we did often met them while visiting Abhi. As Abhi lived there on rent as his house is under renovation. While watching Aditya bhaiya's wedding video that is when your topic came up. I and Tanya had a hot talk" Aru said.

"That's how all came to know about the truth. Shivin didn't knew what happened that day as no one told him. He cleared everyones doubt. Tanya felt guilty for blaming you just because of her insecurities. Specially Rakesh uncle and Manyata aunty were crying and guilty. They missed you a lot. " Ri continued.

"After the truth came out. We accused them for taking away my friend away from me. Yes I lost my friend Anya that day. You didn't smiled... You didn't talked... You didn't laughed.... You worked like a machine. We were hell worried about you" Aru said making me look at her with tears.

"We tried our best to get our friend back. We could see you fake smiles that you gave to stop us worrying about you. It was only your family that could bring our friend back. We forgave them and decided to make you come back " Ri said.

"We know we should have told you. but we didn't knew you were going to come on Diwali. if we had any idea about it, either we would have informed you or would have canceled our plan of celebrating Diwali together" Aru said. Till the end my emotions were a mess.

I hugged them tight "I'm sorry guys. I should have known that you would never do anything like this. It was a lot to take in and my mind was not working. I needed some time to process everything. I shouldn't have ignored you guys"

They wiped my tears and there's "There's no place of sorry between us and don't you dare to ignore us next time ever again" Ri said.

"Promise" I said.

We three hugged each other and went back in the mansion laughing and catching everyone's attention.

"So you three are back" Vijay uncle asked.

"Yes" we grinned.

"Now this house is gonna be a disaster " Swati aunty and Maya aunty said making everyone laugh.

Everyone was chatting, I went and settled on the armrest of the sofa on which Raj uncle was sitting.

"Raj uncle.. " I whispered so only he could hear.

"Yes" he whispered too with amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Thank you "

"For what beta? "he asked.

"For understanding and helping me " I smiled genuinely and thankfully at him.

He caressed my head "Anya beta you are a daughter to me and I'm always there for my daughter as her strength."

Raj uncle's word bought tears in my eyes.

I nodded my head at him and he smiled in turn.

I looked around to see everyone was still busy talking to each other.

But there was this one person who was staring me intently.

As my eyes met his. We stared in each others eyes.

His eyes always managed to calm me. There were so many emotions in his eyes.

As if he was trying to say something through his eyes but I couldn't pinpoint it.

I knew he had seen me whispering with his dad. He raised his eyebrow at me.

I shook my head in nothing and grinned sheepishly at him, only for him to smile in amusement.