Chapter - 39

Abhimanyu's POV

I loved the way she fitted in my arms.

I loved the way her hand fitted in mine.

I loved the way her eyes Spike volumes.

I loved the way she was effected by me.

I loved the way her heart started beating fast.

I can see in her eyes, she too feels this connection, this attraction between us.

But why did she looked distant at the end of the dance and went away leaving me in pool of questions.

I looked around to search Anya.

I saw her sitting at the corner table with her drink and looking around. She sure is getting bored.

Ri and Aru are busy with meeting all the businessman and businesswoman.

Including me too, dad was introducing me with his business partners.

I excused myself and went towards Anya.

"Getting bored?" I asked her.

"Yea" she replied distantly.

"Anya I have something for you" I said making her look at me with curiosity.

"What? " She asked.

"Come and meet me in the garden in 15 minutes" I left her without hearing her reply.

I went to the garden to check all the arrangements done, lights, flowers.

I waited for Anya to come here.

I'm hell nervous about how she'll react.

I looked at Anya to see her coming and looking at awe around the garden.

She had a smile on her face as she walked on the path of rose petals.

As she came in the centre, rose petals started falling over her.

She looked up and started twirling.

I took a deep breathe and made my towards her.

She stopped as she saw me coming towards her.

Before she opened her mouth to say something, I took her hands in my hand and interrupted her.

"Anya... All through my life I was busy making my career. I loved my family and my career but I felt something missing. Girls always gave me attention but I needed the one who will captur my heart. I was busy searching that person until I saw you in London for the first time at the award ceremony and lost my heart to you. I know you don't know me yet and I don't know you. But I have strong feelings for you. I feel complete having you in my arms. I want to make you happy. I want to be the reason behind your smile. all I need is just a chance"

"I like you Anya "

I putted my heart in front of her waiting for her to say something.

She had tears in her eyes. It looked as if she was happy and in pain at the same time.

As few tears slipped her eyes, she took her hand away from mine hand.

I looked shocked at her. I know she has feelings for me than why is she fighting her heart.

"Sorry Abhi. I can't. You know what a mess my life is. And I don't want to burden you with my problems. You deserve someone better than me. I'm broken and you can't spend your life fixing me. You deserve someone who'll love you with all her heart. Not me.... "

Does she even know what she's saying.

I interrupted her by placing my lips on her.