Chapter - 38

Anya's POV

I looked at Ri, Aru, Ruhi, Samar to see them shocked and happy.

That means no one knew about it.

Is this why uncle planned this party on such short notice.

I think there is something more for them to tell.

"On this occasion of merging our companies, we have another reason for this party today. Our world is incomplete without our children, who have become our shadows" Vivek uncle said with proudness.

"Ri, Aru come on the stage" Vivek uncle called them.

They looked surprised but soon enough composed themselves and went on the stage.

"He's my pride, my elder son, Dr. Riddhant Malhotra" Vivek uncle said proudly side hugging Ri.

Everyone clapped for him.

"She's my princess, my life, my elder daughter, Dr. Aradhya Sinha " Vijay uncle kissed her forehead lovingly.

"Along with merging our companies, we decided to merge are families. We wish that you all give them the same respect and love. And give your blessings to Riddhant and Aradhya on their engagement "

Holy shit... This is what it was about.

Ri and Aru looked surprised and happy.

My best friends are gonna marry, I'm so excited.

As Ri and Aru came down, I went and hugged them "Congratulations guys, I'm so happy and excited for you love birds"

They blushed.

"Congratulations guys" Abhi said hugging them.

They said "Thank you guys"

Soon after everyone came and started congratulating them.

After a while the dj playing soft music said "Guys let's celebrate today with couple dance where everyone's partner will be changed. So ladies and gentlemen floor is yours"

Ri asked Aru for dance and made there way to the floor.

I can see Ri and Aru, Vivek uncle and Swati aunty, Vijay uncle and Maya aunty, Raj uncle and Nandini aunty, Samar and Riya, Nishant and Ruhi making there way for the dance.

That is when Abhi came in front of me.

He put his hand forward "May I have this dance with such a beautiful lady"

I raised my eyebrow playfully at him "Sure"

We made our way towards them.

We all stood in the form of circle.

We started swinging with the music.

I placed my hand on Abhi's shoulder and held his hand with my other hand.

I shivered as Abhi's hand rested on my waist.

I can hear my heart beating fast. And suddenly I was flipped and landed in Ri's arm.

Thank god I can calm myself.

I and Ri smiled at each other and danced until Ri flipped me to change the partner.

I danced with almost everyone Ri, Vivek uncle, Vijay uncle, Raj uncle, Nishant.

Right now I'm dancing with Samar and my next partner is none other than Abhi.

Soon enough I flipped into arms of the person for whom I felling.

Abhi pulled me towards him minimising the gap between us.

"Anya look at me"

Abhi whispered making me look in his eyes to get lost.

I can hear mine and Abhi's Harry beating fast, and I'm sure he can also hear it.

We were so lost in each other that we couldn't see anything other than each other.

I felt home in his arms. I just want to stay like this forever.

What the hell are you thinking Anya? How can you destroy his life by coming in his life?  You are not good enough for him?

We both came in our senses on hearing everyone clap.

I stepped away from Abhi to see him looking at me with questions in his eyes and left from there.