Toxic Fandom?

DISCLAIMER: This will touch on some of the reasons why I disagree with any ships associated with the show. This chapter will cover some of the most common ships and why they are so popular, anything I say will be my personal opinion and is not meant to offend anyone in any way. All of these are things that I have noticed and are not meant to harm the anime or manga. 

Okay, so I don't know if you guys know this, but My Hero Academia is always thought of to have a toxic fandom. Do you guys agree with that? 

I would say SOME people in the fandom are INCREDIBLY toxic (not you guys, and I totally respect everyone who reads this book since they are REALLY accepting, have not received a single message about a ship that I have mentioned that I ship, you guys are AMAZING❤). 

When I hear the word toxic when it is associated with My Hero Academia, I tend to think about the ships. I'll admit, I have stated what I personally ship and what I don't, but it's the way I say, or word it. I don't go off on someone when they say they ship BakugoxMina, I simply respect their opinion because everyone has different views.

BUT, in the midst of gay, LGBTQAP+, different opinions, the places that associate themselves with the anime CAN GET SO DANG TOXIC. I could be scrolling through Pinterest and be looking at Kiribaku fanart, and there will always be that one commenter who will just make you want to quit watching the anime.

DON"T GET ME STARTED ON TODODEKU. As you may know. I tend to love this ship and I have mentioned it in past chapters and have even made them a couple in some. Heck, I made a chapter of the reader on my BNHA Boyfriend Scenarios shipping them together. 

I have made several jokes on how each ship I want to be canon, which is still true. BUT, I know they won't happen because My Hero Academia is NOT a romance anime. 

I think I mentioned somewhere that I HATE IzuOcha and TodoMomo. But those are my opinions, which everyone has. BUT, some people in the fandom don't accept that, which SUCKS, considering the anime is about being united and becoming the best version of yourselves. 

I'm going to be naming a few popular ships, sharing my opinions on them, and telling why I think they might be so popular.

IzuOcha

Personal opionon: I REALLY do not like this ship, and I do not know why. I just physically cringe everytime I search up Uraraka fanart and see her and Deku kissing. I'm not even Heterophobic (is that even a word?), but it makes me want to stop watching the show. But, I respect if you do ship this. 

Why it might be so popular:

They're important characters to the anime.

They're both male and female.

One has a crush on the other.

TodoDeku

Personal opionon: I really like this ship. It's entertaining, can be humorous, and if they were actually a couple I feel like they would be happy together. 

Why it might be so popular:

It's gay.

A lot people ship them already.

There are COUNTLESS memes.

KiriBaku

Personal Opionon: My friend, @Kiri_And_Baku421can totally agree that this ship needs to happen, and I think a lot of the fandom does too. The reason I ship them is because Bakugo and Kirishima have a bond that is a lot more that just plain friendship. You can obviously see that they care for each other. It's also SO DANG CUTE.

Why it might be so popular:

It's gay.

The ship names are HILARIOUS.

Example(s)- Poprocks

It makes for good content. 

Minoru Mineta x Female Respecting Juice

ABSOLUTE OTP, WOULD KILL FOR THIS SHIP.

Side Note/Story: It was three in the morning, and being the sleep deprived My Hero Academia fan that I am, I was scrolling through Wattpad looking for another Boyfriend Scenarios Book until I clicked on one.

I read for about half an hour before a chapter appears in front on me. I quickly scan through it and immediately delete the book from my library.

Why you might ask? Well, I can't remember clearly since I only read about three paragraphs. Basically, it was DEFENDING the grape for his actions, saying how the fandom reads Lemons, so we're just as perverted and maybe we shouldn't be so harsh. 

............

I won't link the book because I forgot who the person who wrote it was. 

My response to that is: While that might be true, the fandom READS lemons, not actually commits the act because the characters are NOT REAL. It's CANON that Mineta inappropriately touches the females of the cast. And you're saying that we are perverts for READING lemons. I do understand where they are coming from, but maybe you should separate reality from the anime. Unless we're inappropriately touching the cosplayers who cosplay as certain characters, DOES NOT MEAN WE'RE PERVERTED.

There is a HUGE difference between harassment and fantasizing. As long as we don't act on those fantasies, we're fine. 

Sorry had to get that out of my system.

Also, can we talk about the DARK things that go on in some OTHER My Hero Academia fanfiction writing. I don't think my writing is 18+ by any means, I would say 10+ at MOST. Do you agree with me on this one?

I remember when I used to read Tododeku fanfiction, and there would be things that triggered me, and had no warning or no reason to make stuff THAT dark. 

I remember reading a chapter about Deku getting bullied to the point where he develops some problems, and I seriously considered something that I do not wish to discuss right now, and almost acted on it.  

I just see no reason to make anything dark, no matter the circumstance. You cannot guarantee that all of your readers have no triggers that you can mention in a chapter. A warning is NOT ENOUGH TO KEEP READERS FROM TRIGGERING THEMSELVES, A DISCLAIMER IS NOT GOING TO STOP READERS FROM PROCEEDING.

Remember how I mentioned that I run an account with two other girls, well the reader's quirk is Blood Manipulation, meaning that the reader has to bleed for her quirk to work properly. But, we ALWAYS put disclaimers at the beginning of each chapter each time she uses her quirk. 

Editor's Note: This is not to discourage the use of realistic issues in fanfiction, just to tone it down so me and other readers don't have to consider dark thoughts. 

Ending Note: I had no idea for what I wanted for this chapter. I was writing my Mina x FEM! Reader and suddenly I decided to write this chapter! I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR LIKE FOUR DAYS. I almost did something that is really....sad I would imagine, I don't know if people would miss me or not, LMAO.

Anyway, I'll try to be better with updating, and stay safe and stay home.