The Mariano Twins

Edited

July 20, 1984. Liz Danes goes into labor in the afternoon, a week and a half earlier than she's supposed to.

This doesn't shock her much though seeing as she's having twins and they tend to be a bit early.

Jimmy gets her into the car and to the hospital. On the way he calls Luke, who is quick to kick everyone out of the diner and head their way.

Even if he hadn't sped, he would have made it because even though they seemed to be in a rush to get out the Twins were taking their sweet time coming.

Liz spent several hours in labor until finally it was time. Liz gave birth to her firstborn, her son, at 10:42pm.

At 10:50 her daughter was born. He would hold those eight minutes over her head for the rest of their lives.

She named them Jess William and Josephine Louise, or Jess and Jo.

They joke that their names were some cruel joke. Their names were often flipped, and they were constantly correcting people.

The following afternoon Liz and Jimmy brought their two new babies home. Luke stayed for a week to help, but then had to head back to run his diner.

It is often mentioned how close twins are, but the Mariano Twins could say that they were closer than the average twins because of their upbringing.

At two months old, their parents ran to money problems. Luke came to help them out. He found them a less expensive place to live, found Jimmy a job, and helped with the babies.

After about a week, Jimmy left to get diapers and didn't come home. He wouldn't for over 18 years.

The next several years would be filled with several boyfriends, a few husbands and lots of booze and drugs.

This meant the twins were constantly getting hurt. Neglect, abuse, physical, verbal, and a couple others.

Liz never laid a hand on her kids, her guys did plenty of that. She wasn't completely in the clear, though.

She threw awful words at them and spent all their money on her booze and boyfriends, sometimes forgetting to feed her kids.

But they survived. They survived because they had each other and their wonderful Uncle Luke. Liz's big brother was always there to bail her out and save the day.

Finding apartments, finding jobs, buying food and clothes, kicking guys out, and picking up the broken pieces.

Eventually things were too far broken for him to really fix them with some hugs and a couple kind words.

He didn't know this though.

Jess Mariano

Jess Mariano

Jo Mariano

\\AN// -- All grammar, punctuation, and spelling corrections are helpful, encouraged, and greatly appreciated.

Thank you

-- Izzy