Decisions

Jo's POV 

My practice just finished and I am stood outside the gym waiting for Dean to come out of the boys locker room.

He comes out wearing jeans and a blue t-shirt, carrying his sports bag. He walks up and takes mine from me before bending down to kiss me.

"Hello, Bean," I greet.

"Hello, Josephine," he replies.

We connect hands and start walking out of the school.

"So, how was practice?" I ask.

"It was fine. How about yours?" he asks.

"It was good. I'm tired now," I reply.

"I bet. So, have you picked yet?" he asks.

I was still torn between Harvard and Yale. Rory had chosen Yale, and due to its close proximity to home, and Rory Jess had also chosen to attend Southern Connecticut State.

"Well, Harvard has everything I want and Boston is so close. The only thing is that it's away from all of you," I tell him.

"I live for the city. I know Boston isn't the same as New York, but it's closer than New Haven," I add.

As we step out of the front of the building he stops me. He drops our bags on the ground and takes both of my hands.

"I don't want to be the reason you don't go to the school you want," he says.

"It's not just you. Though you are a big factor. It's all of you. It used to be just Jess and I. We knew no matter what we had each other. Since we've moved to Star Hollow I've gotten used to not just having Jess. I also have Luke, and Rory, and Lorelai, and you."

"I have Lane and all of the other crazy characters in this town. And I know that when I go to college I'm not losing any of you, but you won't be right there if I need you."

I drop my head and let go of his hands, taking a step back.

"It's just- I don't... I don't know," I drift off.

He takes a step towards me and gently grabs my chin, making me look up at him.

"I want to make sure you know that no matter which you choose, you're not getting rid of me. I'll still be here," he says, causing me to smile.

"Thank you. You're amazing," I tell him.

--

Once I get home I go over to the desk and pull a few pieces of paper from the drawer. I take my paper and a pen, and sit at the kitchen table.

I use the Gilmore Method to try and come to a conclusion. After a few hours my pro/con lists are full, my hand hurts and I've made a decision. 

I stand up and walk downstairs. The diner isn't very busy at the moment though we are hours from closing.

Luke is behind the counter making a new pot of coffee. I walk up to him and just stand there. After a couple of seconds I caught his attention.

"What's up, Jo?" he asks.

"Yale," I reply simply.

He looks at me and it registers what I mean.

"Really?" he asks.

I smile and nod. He puts down everything in his hands and hugs me. After a quick hug he pulls back, holding me at arms length.

"You are going to do amazing. I'm sure of it," he says.

I hug him again.

"Thank you, Uncle Luke."

I pull back.

"I'm gonna go. I have other people to tell," I say.

"Okay. Be back to help close," he tells me.

I leave the diner, closing the door behind me. Before I can walk off Jess walks up.

I step to him quickly. If it weren't for the smile on my face it might look like I was about to punch him.

"Yale."

He immediately knows what I mean.

"Yale?" he replies.

"Yeah," I reply, grinning.

"I knew you didn't have it in you to leave me," he says, smirking.

I laugh and give him a quick hug before I leave to tell the Gilmore girls and then Dean. 

Down the street from the Crap Shake I got too excited and ended up running the rest of the way. 

I quickly knock on the door and as soon as Lorelai opens it I move past her into the house.

"Whoa, who's dying?" she asks.

"I made a decision!" I yell, quickly walking past her.

I headed towards the kitchen and I'm meant by Rory, who had exited her room at the sound of my entrance.

Lorelai followed me after closing the front door.

"What's going on?" Rory asks, confused.

"I made a decision," I repeat.

"You mean you picked?" she asks.

"Picked what?" Lorelai asks, not understanding.

I look at Rory.

"Yale," I say.

She gets that message just as fast as Luke and a large grin covers her face.

"You're going to Yale?" she asks.

"Uh huh," I reply, nodding.

"Oh, my god!" she says, catching me in a tight hug.

After we pull apart Lorelai walks up and pulls us both close.

"Look at you girls. Off to college. Yale. You're both headed for the Ivy Leagues," she jokes. 

\\ AN // -- All grammar, punctuation, and spelling corrections are helpful, encouraged, and greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

-- Izzy