Panic Attacks & Plays

I run and only stop to unlock the door. I get into the apartment slamming the door open. I throw Luke's keys in the direction of the table and kick off my shoes.

I curl up on my bed and cry. I just want it to be better here. Luke arrives not long after me. He bends down to run his hand through my hair.

Skipping my meds the past several days and my show at the town meeting seems to have all caught up with me at once. My breath picks up, and what air I can get in gets caught by the sobs.

Luke pulls me to him, so I'm sitting in his lap. He just pats my head, swaying, trying to calm me down. I end up falling asleep in his arms.

I don't wake up until the morning, and when I do I have a pounding headache. I get up off my bed, only go to the dresser, change into my pjs, take my blanket and curl up on Luke's bed.

Luke sent Jess to school. Throughout the day he came up to check on me and try to get me to eat something. I refused to eat, talk, or even move.

When Jess got back he mentioned finally meeting Rory's boyfriend. I hadn't realized he never met Dean, or even knew about him. When Jess left again Luke brought me food.

This time I actually ate. He sat with me for a little while as I was eating. He seemed to want to ask me something, but keep deciding against it. This is fine by me. I don't think I'm ready to talk about it.

--

Tonight Rory had her production of Romeo and Juliet at Chilton. Lorelai, Sookie, Lane, Dean, and I were all going to watch her. Lorelai's car wouldn't fit us all on the way back, so Dean drove his truck.

It felt weird making Dean take the 40 minute drive alone, so I rode in his truck. Our main topic of conversation, of course, being Rory. A topic we were both quite fond of.

We are currently watching Romeo and Juliet: Caveman Addition.

"Are you sure this is Shakespeare?" Sookie asks.

"What's with all the grunting?" Dean asks.

"I wish Luke was here. He could translate for us," Lorelai replies.

"Jess could probably help with that too," I add.

"Hey," Rory says, walking up.

"Oh, hey," Dean replies.

"Oh, honey, look at you. You look like a princess. Doesn't she look like a princess?" Sookie gushes.

"Yeah, she looks beautiful," Dean says.

"Mom made the dress," Rory tells us.

"Not to mention the girl inside it," Lorelai replies.

"Hello. Gross."

"I'm just saying."

"I'm getting kind of nervous."

"You're gonna be great," Lane reassure her.

Lane goes to see Henry and Paris pulls Rory away. When they start we notice that Paris is now standing in for Tristan.

They did great, but we can't help but giggle. We go to retrieve our coats.

"Wasn't that great? Just watching it made me feel smarter. Don't you feel smarter?" Sookie asks.

"Just the opposite actually," Lorelai replies.

"We should do something else good for us. Go to a museum or play chess," Sookie adds.

"I promised Rory we'd go to Luke's afterwards," Lorelai tells her.

"Even better," Sookie replies.

They talk about Luke and Sookie tries to convince Lorelai that he likes her. As we walk out I'm standing next to Lorelai.

"Just so you know, Sookie's not wrong," I tell her before getting into the car.

--

"So did you and Paris actually kiss, or was that like, a stage thing?" Dean asks.

"A lady never kisses and tells," Rory replies.

"Hey, you guys get a table. I'll be right there," Lorelai says before walking to the counter.

Sookie and I share a look. I can tell the talk is going good. Both of them were smiling. The rest of us have our own conversation, telling them be.

\\ AN // -- All grammar, punctuation, and spelling corrections are helpful, encouraged, and greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

-- Izzy