Colleges & Poes

Jo's POV 

I showed Jess the envelopes and we opened them all together. He got into all of the schools he applied for, as did I.

Except for one. 

That didn't really phase me much because I was too happy about the schools I did make it into.

We told Luke and he freaked out. He was so excited and happy Jess and I were worried he'd explode.

It's the next morning and I come down to the diner to see Rory and Lorelai, and Luke dealing with Kirk. I walk up to their table.

"What's with the list?" Luke asks after Kirk leaves.

"You ready? My Rory, our Rory, Stars Hollow's Rory, got into Harvard, Princeton, and Yale," Lorelai says.

"Wow! Wow! I can't believe it," he replies.

"That's awesome, Rory," I say, giving her a quick hug.

I drop my backpack on the floor and sit next to her.

"I feel like..." he bends down and wraps his arms awkwardly around her head, hugging her.

"Oh, okay," she replies.

He pulls back.

"Well, I'm not good at hugging," he tells her.

"Oh, I thought it worked," she replies.

"Thanks. Man, this is big, right?" he asks.

"Very big."

"I have news for you too," I tell her.

"What is it?" Rory asks.

"Well, I don't know if this will affect your pro/con lists, or not, but... I didn't make it into Princeton," I tell her.

"Aww, I'm sorry Jo," Lorelai says.

Rory looks as if she is about to say something sympathetic as well until it looks as if something clicks in her head, and I smirk.

"Wait. You didn't get into Princeton..." she says.

"Nope," I reply.

"But you got into the other two?" she asks.

"Yep," I reply smiling.

"You got into Harvard and Yale!" she yells.

I reach over and put my hand on her shoulder.

"We got into Harvard and Yale," I tell her.

She pulls me into a hug and we squeeze each other.

"What's with all the pro/con lists?" Luke asks as we pull away.

"That's how we make our important decisions. You know that," Lorelai replies.

"But you know what it's gonna be. Harvard," he says.

"Probably," Rory replies.

"But not necessarily," Lorelai adds.

"But Harvard's all you've talked about for years," Luke says.

"Well, who knew she'd be wanted by everyone?" Lorelai asks.

"Hey, which school best teaches you how you make an important life decision without doing a stupid pro/con list? Whichever one it is, add it to the pro column," Luke says.

"Do not mock the scientificity of our selection process," Lorelai replies.

"Oh, and there's something else. I was able to talk Jess into filling out some applications. He refused to fill out any for ivy leagues, but did for a few community colleges close by, and he got into every single one," I tell Rory.