Funerals

Jo's POV 

As always, things are crazy. The renovations aren't done, and now Uncle Louie died. I never got to meet him, but I've heard a little about him, mostly from Luke.

This morning my alarm didn't go off, so I woke up a little late. Luke put me to work making calls on the upstairs phone, while he was downstairs.

Jess was watching TV, so that left no one to help. Lucky for us the Gilmores came to help. They helped after school as well.

Rory just poured Taylor more coffee as he mutters to himself. Lorelai takes Luke up some food. I checked on him earlier and found out most of our family wasn't coming.

Business is slow, and Rory is here, so after a few minutes I head up again. I open the door.

"What's the news?" I ask.

"Petey is sick," He replies.

"The gorgeous one?" I joke, taking a seat next to Lorelai.

"So Frannie isn't coming? Wait, that thing is still alive?" I question.

"No one is coming."

"No one is coming?"

"Nope."

"Our family is weird."

"Luke referred to them as disturbing," Lorelai says.

"That fits too."

Rory comes to get Lorelai.

"Hey, Luke, where's Jess?" Rory asks.

"I don't know. He's probably out playing basketball, or something."

"That little punk."

She leaves and I laugh.

"I like her. Do you need me for anything?"

"No. Thanks though."

"Okay, I'll get back to work then."

I get to the door and turn back around.

"I'm sorry, Uncle Luke," I tell him before heading downstairs.

Rory had found Jess and dragged him all the way back to the diner.

--

Louie's funeral ended up just being Luke, Lorelai and I. Luke in the middle with me to his left and Lorelai to his right.

"You okay?" Lorelai asks.

"Yeah. I'm not big on funerals in general," Luke replies.

"Nobody is."

"He passed away in his sleep, so the end came peacefully for Louie, which, I'm sure, is a great comfort to all who knew him," the pastor says.

"The passing away part was a great comfort for all who knew him," Luke says.

"I didn't know him..." he continues.

"Good thing," Luke comments and Lorelai shushes him.

"...But I understand he was a fine man, destined to be missed by many."

"Especially the ones that were suing him," Luke adds again.

"Stop. Sorry, Father," Lorelai says.

"Reverend," he corrects her.

"Right."

"Now let us witness Louie Danes, as he is interred and brought to the Lord."