Fire Freakout

Jo's POV 

As I finish getting ready for school I hear commotion downstairs. I come down to Luke yelling at Sookie, as she and Lorelai give out orders.

"What is this?" Luke asks her.

"We had a fire," she states.

"Fire, where?" Luke asks her again.

"Weston's bakery," Sookie says, coming back out of the kitchen.

"You're kidding!" he exclaims.

"They'll have fresh blueberries," she finishes.

"Perfect. Um, Weston's. Hurry," Lorelai tells one of the people carrying a grocery bag, which she takes from them.

"Weston's caught fire?" Luke asks.

"No, the inn," Lorelai replies.

"Your inn?" Luke asks.

"Oh, my god!" I reply.

"Just move all of Luke's stuff aside. We don't need it!" Sookie yells.

"Hey, wait a minute," Luke says.

"Everyone's fine. The inn is still standing. We're into phase two," Lorelai states.

"What is phase two?" Luke asks again.

Phase two is her making breakfast, which turns into her cooking for the inn customer and ours. Luke leaves her to take over and hides upstairs.

I quickly get to work helping with anything I can. Serving all the customers, bussing tables, and even helping Sookie. Rory was across the street with all of the kids doing a sock puppet show. 

We help up until we both have to leave for school.

--

It's decided that everybody who was supposed to stay at the inn another night ended up being lodged by various people around town.

A family came back last minute, putting Lorelai out, so she stayed the night with us. I lay in bed and listen to them talk.

"Oo, wow, total deja vu," Lorelai says.

"Really?" Luke asks.

"It's the alarm clock. It had a dream once that you set 18 alarm clocks to get me up, which is not a bad way to get me up," she says.

"Where were we?" he asks.

"We were, um, at my house. I got up, and went downstairs for coffee, and you talked to my stomach," she tell him.

"Why on earth would I do that?" he asks.

"Well, because I was pregnant. Twins," she replies.

"Mine?" Luke asks.

"What am I, dream tramp? Of course yours," Lorelai replies.

"We were married?" he asks.

"Um, yeah. Did I not mention that?" she asks.

"No," he says.

Then silence for a few seconds.

"You know, you shouldn't drink coffee when you're pregnant," Luke says.

"Yeah, true," Lorelai replies.

"That's probably why Rory's a caffeine addict," he tells her.

"Right. You're right," she says.

"Dream go beyond that?" he asks.