Chapter 26

Even the morning after, when you were getting closer to the village, you still thought about those words.

"We're getting close."

In the distance you could see the village, or at least... what was left of the village. It was clear that it was destroyed, homes in ruined, rubbles all over the place.

Without realising, you stopped as you stared straight ahead. Levi stopped, looking back at you with impatience.

"Well, come in then. You wanted to come, we're here."

You didn't listen, you were too focused on the village. There was a feeling inside you, a pulling again, like something was there. You had a really bad feeling and you couldn't shake it.

"Otis... what's in that village...?" You asked nervously.

Otis didn't reply and you started to feel even worse. He always replied. Why wasn't he talking now?

That's when you saw it, the black smoke in the distance, a dark figure seemingly staring straight at you.

"The girl returns!" The voice snickers darkly.

Slowly you slid from your horse, walking over to Levi, you gulped.

"There's someone else here..." You whispered.

Levi quickly looked around, though his eyes stared in the same direction as you he didn't seem to see it.

"There's no one else here."

"No... no there is.."

Levi could hear the fear in your voice. He got down from his horse and stood next to you.

"What are you seeing?"

You said nothing.

"(L/N), what do you see?"

"I... I think it's my father...? But.. it's not at the same time..."

The figure snickered again, your blood ran cold.

'Run!'

"Levi run!"

You ran to your horse but something stopped you in your tracks. Looking down, the smoke held your feet, Levi was on his horse shouting at you, but you couldn't hear him.

In the blink of an eye, the figure was in front of you. He looked exactly like your father, except his body was covered in guides, dirt, ash, smoke and he had piercing red eyes.

"I've been waiting for you to come back."

That voice... it was so familiar, and so demonic at the same time.

"Dad..."

"Try again sweetheart." He smirked.

You stared at him thinking before someone else came to mind.

"You're the other half of Otis, aren't you?"

"Oh, how clever!" He clapped, "Yes I am! The stronger part."

Your blood froze, your heart dropped. You were stuck, what was he planning?

"I've been waiting for you, I knew you'd return one day!"

"What do you want...?"

Your 'father' laughed, doubling over as he clutched his stomach before standing.

"I am Ori, the other half of Otis. The darker side, the stronger side. I would like my other half back, with Otis, I can regain my full strength."

Ori stalked closer, running his hand along your cheek making your jerk back in disgust.

"Tell you what, I'm feeling a little sentimental. Maybe it's because I possess your fathers body, and his mind. Join me, take my side, we'll destroy this whole world together, how does that sound?" He smirked.

"N... no!"

Ori growled, grabbing you by your throat. Your eyes flicked to Levi who was still shouting at you, eyes wide.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way." He snarled, "either you join me, or I forcefully rip that demon from inside you."

Ori let you go, and you dropped to your knees gasping for air.

"I'll give you a month to decide. Come back here by then, and we'll join sides, if not, I'll find you and end this myself!"

With that, Ori vanished and you were released. The whole world seemed to be spinning, and you felt sick to your stomach.

"Hey! Listen to me!" Levi yelled.

You glanced up at him, eyes full of fear, you opened your mouth to speak but your whole world fell black, your body collapsing on to the ground