30 | Change of plans

Skye

After having staggered out of the icy water, they all huddled around us. We were both dragged off to separate places to get into something warmer; Jane had been so nice as to bring one of my spare jackets from home, along with a full outfit and a pair of her hiking boots. I being the girl somehow got the privilege to change in the van. Jane sitting next to me hanging me clothing item after clothing item, patiently waiting for me to shaking put them on.

"So you and J, finally figured it out ha?" she said quizzically, as she handed me a pair of light boyfriend cut, loose fitted jeans. I missed my sweats already.

"What do you mean?" I asked jumping around on one legs hunched over uncomfortably, I couldn't stand up in my full 5'3 feet in this van, but I wasn't complaining, at least I shouldn't change outside in the cold behind a bush like Jamie possibly should.

"You guys totally got the hots for each other! I don't get why you guys haven't boned each other ages ago! You were like dogs in heat! Always staring at each other and always having these bizarre battles of wit! Remember that rap battle you guys had at the open mike night 3 weeks ago at the country club? That was one,-

"Okay! okay, Jane I get it," I cut her off, when she first got started she had a tendency to just keep going till someone cut her off, not even pausing to take a breath, "You think me and Jamie have been kidding ourselves for weeks. Duly noted." I tried not to think too much about what had just happened in the water, I didn't know what to make of it, it wasn't like feelings came in these neatly packaged boxes.

"You got that one right!" she handing me a tank top which I quickly slipped on and then she handed me a dark blue sweater.

"So why did you guys throw me in the water?" I asked wanting to get away from the Jamie subject, "I was on your side."

"That was my idea, you can thank me later." She said in a serious tone.

"Thank you? What for?!" I exclaimed.

"Well, Jamie kissed you just know, didn't he?!"She asked in a high pitched voice like she couldn't believe what she was hearing. I looked at my feet, I had forgotten no one knew about me and Jamie's little adventure this night and I wasn't sure whether it was a good idea to start telling people, seeing as I barely knew myself what was going on. Yes, he had told me we could be whatever I wanted us to, but he had said that while I sat in my 'birthday wear', straddling Jamie Jr. It wasn't like he had been in his right mind.

"Oh my god he have kissed you before hasn't he?!" she cooed and I nodded slightly, I needed to tell someone and much, much rather Jane, than Evelyn, "Skye! Spill!" she chirped excitedly. So much for not wanting to talk about Jamie.

"Well... we ehm... it's a bit complicated to say the least..." I said vaguely.

"Come on Skye? What happened between you two?" she had no idea we had already slept with each other, and I was a little scared she would scream if I told her, she had a tendency to become a little overly excited.

"Please, promise me you won't scream or something?" I asked looking sternly at her.

"What is it, Skye? What happened?!" she said almost sounding worried; I stayed quiet for some time, "Skye, seriously tell me, you are starting to freak me out!"

"We slept together last night.." I said letting go of the breath I didn't know I had been holding. I had said it in a whisper so low it was barely audible. Ever seen 'Pitch perfect'? Remember that girl that said, 'I was born with gills like a fish' and 'you guys wanna see a dead body?' and other insane stuff, well I was that girl right now.