22 | Bastard

Skye

My heart was racing out of chest as I ran, though not from the effort of running, but for something else entirely. It hurt. I didn't want it to hurt. It wasn't supposed to hurt. So what if Jamie had kissed that tall brunette? So what! He could go around shagging whoever he pleased! It was just so typical of me! If you reject people first, at least they don't leave you, right?

I had to stop pushing people away. I had to stop running, in my rush I had just raced past the entrance to the tube. Digging my heels in the pavement I skidded to a halt. Then turned and headed back the way I had come, feeling just a little embarrassed. Looking up I saw his blond head dodging in and out between masses of people. Discontinuous light flashed from the cars passing by, people pushed me around and somehow, someway the mass of people was going back and forth so quickly, I found my way down to the tube blocked no matter where I turned.

What the hell?! Why did this always happen?! It was as if every time I needed an escape the world created a human metal box around me. I mean, what the fuck world? What did I ever do to you! Suddenly a gap in the mass appeared, I set off, but just as I was about to head off into the underground somebody grabbed my wrist and yanked me back. I already knew who that someone was. Jamie.

"Please listen, Skye." he pleaded desperately as I turned to face him, he had been a lot faster than I had thought he would be, catching up to me. Long legs, I suppose.

"Let go of me, Jamie." I said under my breath as I was dragged away from the masses onto the side of the road.

"No, Skye listen. Nothing happened between me and Mathilda, she just..."he started rambling.

"No, I don't want to hear it, what you do in your spare time is no concern of mine." I cut in, my heart pounding frantically in my chest. I had told him 'no', I was the one who had told him we couldn't happen, and I was the one who had been on my way to explain to him why we could never happen. He was too famous. If I was to be with him, I would not ever be known as anyone else but his girlfriend, a gold digger who used his fame for her own good. I would really love to make it in the same business as him, but for the love of good I didn't want the kind of help he could offer. That was why we couldn't happen, at least not until we were of equal status.

Skye please.." he pleaded looking at me with his smouldering blue eyes.

"J, I don't care alright, just let me go!" I hissed breaking free of his grip, something cold and wet had plastered itself on my checks and I raised my hand to wipe it off. It was frozen tears, apparently I had been crying without noticing it.

"Skye, you can't honestly tell me you don't care" he said quietly as he raised his hand and stroked the remaining tears of my other cheek, showing them to me as a proof of his point.

"Jamie, I don't, " I said more trying to convince myself, then him, "you can go back to that girl, don't worry about me the least" I said striking up a sad excuse for a smile.

"You can't possible mean that, Skye" Jamie said sadness flooding his eyes, maybe my smile was a little more convincing than I first expected.

"Well, I do, now go back and shag -" I suddenly located her name in my memory, sometime ago Dan's roommate Charli had filled me in on what had happened between Jamie and his ex-girlfriend Mathilda Lowther. She fitted the description perfectly. That was the girl he had said he was shagging, this Mathilda, the girl who had cheated on him. I had really thought he was better than that. "-Mathilda". I ended turning around to leave, only to be yanked back again.

"Jamie, for god's -" my words were cut short as he closed the distance between us and crashed his lips to mine. For a second the world exploded in stars and supernovas, I was pretty sure a volcano erupted somewhere nearby, his lips were soft yet demanding against mine, keeping me enchanted. Before it all came crashing down around me, he had just been shagging some other chick! No even worse he had been shagging his cheating ex-girlfriend and now he thought it alright to just kiss me! That was a new low, even for him! In a jerk I shoved him away, pushing on his shoulders.