17 | The Heavens Opened

Jamie

In what world did anyone find it appropriate to make a run for it just after a hefty snog? Yeah well - I don't know - Skye did by the looks of it. She was running full speed around the corner, leaving me in my car bothered, embarrassed, stunned and as time passed more and more angry. All in all just pissed, I tell you.

I had shouted after her, asking here where on earth she was going, what had happened and almost pleading her to come back, but she just kept running. Running like her fucking arse had caught on fire. She was impossible to figure out... She had after all kissed me and that would have to count for something right? You wouldn't kiss a person like that if you didn't like them? Right? That would be downright ridiculous, now wouldn't it? You would push them away and tell them you don't feel the same way, and that would be it.

And if that had happened I would have no hard feelings, but this was just stupid on her part! She acted like a child, a very hefty snogging child, but that's all the same! What was her deal? Please enlighten me! I sighed into my seat, rubbing my temples, and then with my left hand I cleaned my mouth off her... well, saliva. It had become a rather open mouthed kissed at the end, that sort of thing just kind of happened, you know? Saliva, everywhere! If you have ever kissed someone you should know the ordeal. The sky had been grey, playful all day, threatening to throw a bucket of either ice or water at us, at any given time.

I wondered if it should try and catch up to her before she reached the tube or if I should just leave her be. She was the one making a bloody fuss, not me. She should be the one to come crawling back, apologizing for her behaviour, not me! But then again I doubted she would, she was probably too fucking proud to stoop to that sort of thing - the coming crawling back, I mean, not the apologising, that she had done on occasions when she had made one or several bummers.

I hoisted myself up from my slouching position in my seat and started the car. It roared to life, the only way a sports car could, and I backed slowly out of my parking spot to try and find Skye. One of us had to swallow our pride - that being me - I we should get anywhere with this - in my mind - relationship. To be honest she had not seemed all that interested until right now, where she had kissed me back like her life had depended on it. I had really taken a chance there. The kissing usually happens at the end of the first date, not in the car before it, and that is no matter how long you have known each other beforehand, I suppose. That's what I've been told. Not that I have followed that principal...

I hit the road and drove the path I supposed she had taken, the tube was quite a long way off and she could impossibly have reached it already. After a couple of minutes she came into sight, and just as she did the heavens opened and water started pouring down in thick steady streams. She would be soaking wet within minutes. She hunched over trying to shield herself from the pouring rain. Slowly I pulled up next to her, driving at a snail's pace while she walked on her short legs, they went like cap sticks. I was in the process of rowling down the passenger window so she could hear me properly. She looked over at me from the corner of her eye, probably just checking for axe murderers or something. Of course she recognized the car and started walking faster, if that was even possible.

"Skye!" I shouted after her "Don't be a moron! You'll get sick in this weather!" I caught up to her and tried to lean over the middle of the car, so I could have eye contact with her.

"So what, Jamie? Go away. Go home or something..." she argued weakly as her hand stroked a piece of hair away from her face.

"Scarlett! Get in! And stop being a brat!" I said maybe a tad harsher then I had expected. Skye's face scrunched up in a displeased frown.

"Don't call me that, James," she spat out my real name as if it was a curse word, "only my push mother and Brad gets to call me Scarlett!" her clothes already clung to her skin and her hair was plastered around her neck. It had only been raining for a couple minutes, but she looked like drowned mouse.