28 | Challenges by Rhys

Skye

"This is good; this is like really, really good!" Jamie declared as he more swallowed than ate (which acquired chewing) some seafood dish the cook had made for lunch today, "working out sucks, but this camp has got its benefits."

"Maybe we ought to put some seafood run a stick, make you run a bit faster eh?" said Rhys as he passed by Jamie, Jorge, Evelyn and I sitting at a table eating out way too healthy dinner - though Jamie seemed quite pleased. Everyone was wearing sweats today; everyone was hurting from the past week of nonstop working out, so like hell we were going to squeeze ourselves into a pair of skinny jeans.

"Don't be full of yourself, Rhys!" Jamie bellowed after him, swinging his fork violently around in Rhys direction, "I can easily keep up with your grandpa jogging!"

"I might take you up on that Bower, you up for that?" he hollowed back with that impressively terrifying voice of his. It made you actually physically scared of him if he literally wanted to scare you. He was one intense guy; needless to say he had gotten the role of Valentine again.

"The day you do that, Patrick will start calling people by their first name!" Jamie shot back.

"Well Jamie... you may be surprised..." said Patrick

"You've betrayed my trust, Patty!" Jamie said turning to Patrick pointing his fork threateningly at him, glaring at Patrick from under his flat cap. Patrick glared back unhappy with Jamie's choice in nick name.

"Well there you go, Campbell," Rhys said one iniquitous smile on his face, "are you up for it?"

"I'll not forgive you for this, Patty the pig," Jamie said his voice jokingly serious. Rhys walked over behind Jamie taking hold of both of his shoulders.

"SO!" he said loudly, "you ready to get your ass kicked, baby Bower!" Jamie's shoulders shot up as Jonathan started canoodling them violently.

"Rhys," Jamie let out the guy's name almost sounding as Rhys was strangling him. Jamie tried to squirm out of his grip, but Rhys was one bulky guy. Jamie didn't stand a chance. Let's just be honest about it, okay.. Jace, Jamie's character had the help of a whole team of stunt and professional fight enactors to support him, Jamie wasn't so lucky...

Jamie was spassed out at that moment, tipping backwards trying to hit Rhys with.. aaahh... His foot, his hand, his back, his face? I don't even know. It just looked like he tumbled backwards - kind of looked more like falling really - and took hold of Rhys shirt trying in some way to pull him down to the ground with his own weight. Jamie not being not the heaviest guy in the world - not even around this table actually - failed, falling hard to ground, letting out a strangled cry as he went. Then he just kind of laid their look up at his challenger, like 'hey there good to see you. Would you like a cup of tea and a hobnob?', he didn't even attempt to get up.

"Sooo there's that..." Patrick - or Patty the pig, whatever you prefer - declared.

"Que conos, man" Jorge said, with his heavy Spanish drawl, "Why don't you just get up?"

"Naaa, I like looking up at you guys, it's quite good for my self-esteem" he said quizzically as he just laid there, I was starting to worry there was actually something wrong, what if he had broken his neck?

"How come?" I asked hoping to god he wouldn't say something along the lines of: 'oh, nothing just kinda can't feel my legs'.

"It gives a good view of all your double chins," at this Rhys kicked Jamie softly in the ribs, Patty started bellowing "good one, Bower!", Evelyn who had seemed rather uninterested in the whole thing snorted indignantly and Jorge just cursed in Spanish (something about the holy mother) and I just straight out laughed. Jamie bent into fetal position, grunting at Rhys soft kick, but then as the laugher died down he started to get up.

"What about in 2 months Rhys? Or till I stop hurting?" Jamie asked stretching out his hands as a peace offering. Jorge added "like a little bitch" into my ear, which made me smile like a crazy person, not because the line was all that original, but because I had made Jamie say that to me several times something like 9 hours ago, while we had still found ourselves in my room, upon my bed. Need I say more?

Rhys took Jamie's hand and pulled it to him, bad guy style.

"You've got yourself a deal Bower, you wouldn't be much fun now anyway," Rhys was trying to be scary at the moment and therefore he was. His voice growly and deep, making me want to run away screaming 'run for your lives bitches! Every man for himself!'

Jamie just said the same thing as he did at the start of this, "now don't be full of yourself, Rhys," a little too wide smile on his face. It wasn't like I was worried that Rhys would all of a sudden starting beating Jamie to death with his weird voodoo karate tricks, but that didn't mean the dude wasn't absolutely terrifying.

Then Rhys just started to smile, a wide and real one, sucking all of the pent up tension out of the room. He let go of Jamie's hand and stood up, a glint of humour in his eyes.

"Aahh! Bower just kidding" he said smiling, "have a good one, now would you?" he hit Jamie playfully on the shoulder and then he just trotted off, leaving the door to the cafeteria swinging. Jamie swung his legs under the table, the silence at the table was deafening.

"That guy though..." Patrick stated. After a bit of silence Evelyn let out in a breathless manner, "god that was hot though!"

"Thank you!"

"Not you, Jamie!" she said huffily, "Jonathan!"

"Whatever you say, whatever you say," he mumbled as he started to stuff his face once more.

"I kind of agree with Eve on this one, Rhys is a serious hunk." I said wanting to see Jamie's reaction most of all. A smug smile plastered itself on his lips.

"Oh really, Skye?" he said still smiling.

"Yes," I turned to Evelyn, her black hair was up in a (stupid - I envied the girl, what do you expect?) perfect bun. She was wearing black leggings and a loose shirt in which showed off her flawless figure, "he was sending off some raw sexual energy wasn't he?" I said to Evelyn, just loud enough for Jamie to hear. Jorge and Patrick had started to talk among themselves, seemingly not caring for our conversation track.

"He totally was, wonder what he would be like in bed?!" Eve asked in a slightly pitched voice. I might be only 22 and Evelyn was actually about 2 years older than me, but somehow she still managed to sound like a high school girl from Connecticut Texas at times. It fell to my advantage now so some good obviously came of it.

"Imagine that, my sweet.." I sighed trying to imitate her excitement for the subject, which I succeeded at; I wasn't an actress for nothing. Jamie looked to be unaware of what I was doing so far, teasing him, trying to see if he was the jealous possessive type.

"Now, now... don't start masturbating right here on the spot, no one wanna see that," Jamie said his mouth smiling but his eyes squinted together a little too tightly.

"What? I heard the word masturbating, why are we talking about pleasuring oneself?" Patrick shot in before I could even try to articulate an answer.

"We're talking about Rhys," Evelyn tried to explain.

"What, has someone been spying on him in the shower, while he shot a load or what?" Patrick asked eyeing Evelyn suspiciously.

She put of a high pitched fake laugh, "very funny O'Neil, maybe..." and then they took of bickering back and forth like children. And I returned to the important tasks in life: eating, though all the while I could feel Jamie staring daggers at me.

A/N: remember to VOTE, and maybe COMMENT if you are enjoy the story! tell me your thoughts it means a lot! thank you!